Raptor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone please help me figure out why on my 05 660 raptor upper front arms the part # is different then 02 and 03 they are the same damm size and shape. I think it may be because on the 04 and 05's the camber is adjustable and all other years are not? Can anyone help?

·
Master of the Electron
15,070 Posts
The fiche says it's so... but it's news to me.

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
I don't believe the 04 and 05 are camber adjustable.

The 01 is different because the uppers were square tube (and I think aluminum) vs round steel on 02+ models.

·
VIP
1,019 Posts
I don't believe the 04 and 05 are camber adjustable.

The 01 is different because the uppers were square tube (and I think aluminum) vs round steel on 02+ models.
I have my 01 and a buddies 05 660 sitting in front of me and both upper arms are round tube aluminum and are absolutely identical by looking at both sets.

I don't know why they would have two part numbers????

My machine was purchased brand new and the arms have not been swapped from a newer machine.

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts

·
VIP
1,019 Posts
The 05 sitting in my shop has aluminum upper arms.

I just checked the part numbers and the 01 has it's own number, the 02-03 a different number and the 04-05 yet another part number, but they all look identical and are all silver.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I believe that 04 and 05 are adjustable because the ball studs on my 05 has an arch to it and as I turn it it brings the top of the wheel in or out.

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
Looks like I'll have to go back and re-learn some things about the old 660's :lol:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The thing is I went to ebay to get a good price on upper arms, most people want an arm and a leg for them. I found new ones for $50 but only for 02 and 03 models. I don't get it, they should all be the same.

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
Well let's put it this way, a set of aftermarket a-arms will fit any year 01-05, so there's nothing different on the frame. The front suspension travel did not change, and all shocks are interchangeable from 01-05. My point being, that regardless of the different part numbers the a-arms from any 660 should work just fine.

·
VIP
1,019 Posts
Well let's put it this way, a set of aftermarket a-arms will fit any year 01-05, so there's nothing different on the frame. The front suspension travel did not change, and all shocks are interchangeable from 01-05. My point being, that regardless of the different part numbers the a-arms from any 660 should work just fine.
Exactly.:D

Just grab them, install and go out a ride.:beer:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts