Raptor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i just got done doing a few things to the quad. I put a slip on trinity exhaust rejeted it put new coolant lines on because one of them was leaking, well now the bike is smoking like crazy but the weird thing is if i take the radator cap of it stops smoking instantly, also sometime the coolant bubles after riding for just a few mins in the resivior, Its not overheating as far as i know the fan works i hooked it up to a battery and i know the water pump works i can see the coolant flowing in the radiator. Does any one know it is doing this and possibly how much it would cost to fix it i will be doing all the work my self. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
165 Posts
Bad head gasket? If you remove the cap from the radiator you are allowing the cylinder pressure bleed out of the radiator, maybe. Just a thought.

Nate
Alba Rcing

·
Master of the Electron
15,668 Posts
Head Gasket.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok thanks, Well im thinking if im going to tear down into it i want to go through it and get some more power out of it. I mostly ride trails so nothing to wicked, but i was thinking mabey a stage 2 cam and mabey big bore, but i have been reading about this decomp mod for the cam is this something i would have to do for this set up? And is ther anythig else i should replace while im in ther? I have alredy put a lot of money and time in this thing and i love it and ther is no way i could ever get my money back out of her so if im going into the motor i want to fix it to wher i wont have to worry about for a while I plan on keeping her for a long time so willng to spend the time and a little money. Thanks agin guys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.