Raptor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have a 2019 raptor 700r and a dealership is trying to get over on me but here’s the issue the fight I ask for some upgrades to go faster so they spoke of hot cam stage 123 so I ask for 3 asked will it work said yeah they installed with other external parts I get it back rode it about 5 miles maybe and bottom end of engine blows call them back like what’s going on with my new bike the only answer they would give me is 4500 but my research shows as follows please help me everything shows that you can not install a stage 3 hot cam on a stock 2019 700r raptor

·
Super Moderator
8,113 Posts
This post is hard to follow.

you can install a stage 3 hot cam with no issues. What else did they add?

Reactions: 38Fitters

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,258 Posts
I've read this three times, and if I understand.... A Stage 3 cam should never be the first mod. First should be the Big 3, intake, exhaust and fuel controller. Correctly done should add about 10 HP. Then a Stage 3 cam would be the next step.

I would suggest that you try a 13 tooth front sprocket. That would give you back some bottom end power.

·
Premium Member
2,626 Posts
I’m also having a hard time following.
You had a hotcam 3 installed. You had some other parts installed, what parts?
The bottom end blows; meaning it broke like crank broke? Or just no low rpm power?

Hotcam 3 is a drop in no modification needed, it moves the power into the higher rpm range. You’ll have to ride accordingly or add compression to compensate.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've read this three times, and if I understand.... A Stage 3 cam should never be the first mod. First should be the Big 3, intake, exhaust and fuel controller. Correctly done should add about 10 HP. Then a Stage 3 cam would be the next step.

I would suggest that you try a 13 tooth front sprocket. That would give you back some bottom end power.
Ok I had stage 3 hot cam install on bike and bottom end blew up before installation of this bike I road every weekend I read different form stating should not install on stock pistons

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The bottom end blows; meaning it broke like crank broke? Or just no low rpm power?

Hotcam 3 is a drop in no modification needed, it moves the power into the higher rpm range. You’ll have to ride accordingly or add compression to compensate.
Ok I had stage 3 hot cam install on bike and bottom end blew up before installation of this bike I road every weekend I read different form stating should not install on stock pistons

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

[/

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Premium Member
2,626 Posts
Hotcam 3 is totally fine to run on an internally stock engine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts