Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i hate to even ask this but i just cant stop dwelling on it.

me and my friend took his new 700 and mine out to day for probably the first "real" ride since i did the big three.
ok, first of all, i pulled the plug to check to make sure the map was on the money after awhile. it was clean. slight grey on the electrode but all else was clean.
secondly, when decel every now and then it would pop. but not all the time, more like once every 20 minutes or so, just one pop. i know it should be tan in color, but i always run 93 octane and was thinking perhaps the plug is fine its just the gas is burning clean. i duno...im ready to throw in the towel.. :banghead:

oh and to make me feel even better, he did mods to his and discovered there is no specific map for his set up, he just picked one. checked his plug...dead balls on. go figure.. :chair:

·
Registered
902 Posts
It is VERY hard to read the plug on a modern 4-stroke. . . 2-strokes had oil mixed in with the fuel so, you had the residue to read. . .

Grey could be alum. which would mean you are LEAN. . .

What does your pipe look like? The mid-pipe as well as the muffler tip (end-cap). Grey or black?

If you aren't comfortable with the map, get it on a dyno and make sure it is spot on. This can be some of the cheapest HP you can get.

·
Registered
234 Posts
popping noises every once in awhile in de-accelleration is normal, nothing to worry about

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my headers are pretty much electric blue, the pipe is almost a bronze color. and the tip is black. i just cant find the sweet spot. its making me nuts.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the closest dyno to me is over 300 miles away. the dealership lied to me when they said they would fine tune it, so here i am.
ive added fuel, added more fuel, subtracted fuel over the entire rpm range with zero change. has anyone with this set up tried something differant that may have made an improvement for you? im just about ready to just tear it all off and go back stock. :(

·
Registered
5 Posts
MAY BE YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO YOUR FRIEND AND LEAVE THE DAMN THING ALONE IT LOOKS FINE
AND BY THE WAY I DIDNT JUST PICK ONE ( A MAP ), I KNOW WHAT IM DOING LOL TRUST ME YROU BIKE IS RUNNING JUST HOW IT SHOULD. NOTHIN WRONG WITH IT . YOUR PARANOID LMAO WAS AGREAT TIME THO I THINK IM GOINGTO JOIN THAT PLACE. A LITTLE POP ON A HARD DEEXCELLIRATION IS NORM SAME THING IF YOU DRIVE A STANDARD CAR OR TRUCK IF YOU RUN HARD AND LET OFF TEH GAS IT WILL POP TOO ITS JUST BURNING THE LEFT OVER GAS THAT WAS TRAPPED IN THE CYLINDER WHEN YOU CLOSED THE THROTTLE BACK UP . BUT HEY I COUDL BE WRONG ... IT HAPPENS .. NOT MUCH BUT IT HAPPENS
DONT JUDGE ME BY MY SPELLING LOL ...

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:rofl: hahaha!! about time you joined up!! welcome to da raptah site!

ladies and gentlemen, the KING has entered the building!

any way, i did what you did, i spent a couple hours looking over differant maps and comparing the fuel curves. i also did some reading on tuning facts. after i read a crap load of good info, i think i have my bearings on small engine tuning vs automotive. its the same basic principals, the main differance that had me screwed up id the fact that these run at higher RPM's than say a V8. once i got the whole fuel to air ratio for the auto world out of my head it makes sence now.

short version, i applied what i learned and made a few minor adjustments and vola!! amazing what one can do when he gets his head out of his ass :lol:

im going to join too, let me know when you want to go sign up, im game!

NOW WHEN WE GOIN' AGAIN?!

·
Registered
468 Posts
wat would it cost for a dyno and fine tune well a ball park idea

·
Registered
5 Posts
LOL I SENT YOU THIS SIGHT LONGTIME AGO YOU JUST USED IT ALOT MORETHANME I IDNDT HAVE MY RAP TILL MONTH AGO

DO YOU KNOW KNOW THE FUXX I AM ?
WHEN I GET THE LOOT IM JOINING I LIKEDTHAT PLACE PLUSS SEEMS LIEK BETTER DEAL THE SOMERSET

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.