Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to buy a plus 4 swingarm. I was just going with powder coat. What color would you put on an 2007 SE1, Black or maybe Vein? Chrome would look good. Can't make my mind up. I ride dunes 80% of the time. I noticed that with some companies you can use all your stock bearings. Is this correct?

I was looking at

Ace $499.00 http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ace-Fabrication-Yamaha-Raptor-700R-700-ATV-swingarm_W0QQitemZ250109639627QQihZ015QQcategoryZ43974QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Eyeball Egineering $579.00

T-Dub ???

Anyone else have anyone pics and or prices?

This is what I think I need besides the swingarm

Chain - How many Links
Do I need a chain slider or can I use my stock one?
E Brake Block Off
New Brake line

Is there anything else I need?

Will my stock 2007 SE shock work for the dunes on the plus 4. I hope so because I am running out of cash.

Thanks in advance for any help!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
242 Posts
I would do black or chrome it goes with anything. With most companies you will be able to use all your stock components except your chain. Your stock shock will work well with an extended swinger just make it a tad softer. Also your stock line would work, but the aftermarket ones clean it up and give it that finished look.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
261 Posts
Your stock shock should work fine, you will have to adjust it a little. your stock brake line will work fine, you use the stock carrier on the 700, you can buy a brake block off from ebay or almost any other company for $10-$15 dollars. I'm not sure on how many links you'll have to add, hopefully RapFam will weigh in he just put a plus 4 on his. You don't have to put a chain slide on your swingarm I've done it both ways and don't plan on having one put on my +4 I'm ordering.

As I stated before T-Dub is great thats whos going to do mine again. http://tdubracing.com/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Talked to Tony at T-Dub and I am sold. RaptorRandy has one and has had no problems and there special. WOW! :eek:

Plus 4 triple chrome plated swingarm 409.99
SS Break Line 42.00
E Brake block off 18.00
Chain Chrome plated 75.00
Shipping 20.00
Banshee Chian guide 32.00 Tony told me that I could get the Banshee guide on Ebay for $15.00
Total $596.99 That's a deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
669 Posts
I would have your rear shock rebuilt for your size and for your swingarm more you go out more leverage you will have on it and most likley start to sag like a old lady :lol: i hade my rear shock re valved by TCS and it works great in the dunes. :thumbsup:
 
G

·
superchargemyride said:
Talked to Tony at T-Dub and I am sold. RaptorRandy has one and has had no problems and there special. WOW! :eek:

Plus 4 triple chrome plated swingarm 409.99
SS Break Line 42.00
E Brake block off 18.00
Chain Chrome plated 75.00
Shipping 20.00
Banshee Chian guide 32.00 Tony told me that I could get the Banshee guide on Ebay for $15.00
Total $596.99 That's a deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you not mean a steal???

That is an awesome price!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's cheaper to just loose weight. I am on a diet. I was 237 and down to 212 heading for 190 plus the quad feels faster.

Jdog said:
I would have your rear shock rebuilt for your size and for your swingarm more you go out more leverage you will have on it and most likley start to sag like a old lady :lol: i hade my rear shock re valved by TCS and it works great in the dunes. :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
769 Posts
I have a +10 t-dub on my 700 and we do lots of them. We have never, never had any kind of issues! I highly reccomend them and I own a quad shop. Tony is a great guy. His chrome is far superior ot any chrome arm I have ever seen also!

Jerry
Holeshot Designs
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tony is a great guy at T-Dub and is rushing my swingarm for me. I will do some install photos for anyone that wants to see it done. Sounds like a made the right choice. :thumbsup: Thanks to the help of a great forum!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
478 Posts
superchargemyride said:
Tony is a great guy at T-Dub and is rushing my swingarm for me. I will do some install photos for anyone that wants to see it done. Sounds like a made the right choice. :thumbsup: Thanks to the help of a great forum!
A pictured step by step would be great or any help info would be useful. I am ordering one next week and want to install it myself, can't wait!!!! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
902 Posts
Dang Jerry!!! +10!!! :eek:

Gonna have to make it to the hill the same weekend one of these days!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,119 Posts
You will love the T-Dub +4'' on your 700 :thumbsup: You will need to crank the preload spanner nut down about another 1'' to 1-1/2'' and then adjust the compression and rebound to suit your riding style. I did have my shock revalved after a few trips, but to be honest I can't really tell any difference from the way it was, every since I put the +4'' on it it's just been so much more smooth and a better duner overall than it was with the stock swinger on it. T-Dub is a good egg and I reccomend his swingarms to friends and peeps on the net all the time 8)






Jerry, you going to be at Sand Mountain over memorial weekend ?
I really want to check that killer 700R your building out :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the heads up on the shock. That will save me some time. :thumbsup:

RaptorRandy27 said:
You will love the T-Dub +4'' on your 700 :thumbsup: You will need to crank the preload spanner nut down about another 1'' to 1-1/2'' and then adjust the compression and rebound to suit your riding style. I did have my shock revalved after a few trips, but to be honest I can't really tell any difference from the way it was, every since I put the +4'' on it it's just been so much more smooth and a better duner overall than it was with the stock swinger on it. T-Dub is a good egg and I reccomend his swingarms to friends and peeps on the net all the time 8)






Jerry, you going to be at Sand Mountain over memorial weekend ?
I really want to check that killer 700R your building out :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
769 Posts
RaptorRandy27 said:
You will love the T-Dub +4'' on your 700 :thumbsup: You will need to crank the preload spanner nut down about another 1'' to 1-1/2'' and then adjust the compression and rebound to suit your riding style. I did have my shock revalved after a few trips, but to be honest I can't really tell any difference from the way it was, every since I put the +4'' on it it's just been so much more smooth and a better duner overall than it was with the stock swinger on it. T-Dub is a good egg and I reccomend his swingarms to friends and peeps on the net all the time 8)






Jerry, you going to be at Sand Mountain over memorial weekend ?
I really want to check that killer 700R your building out :thumbsup:
Yes we will be ther Wednesday morning in full force. Come and find me at the hill.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
153 Posts
I just got done riding the dunes in Utah for 4 days with my +4 from T-Dub. What a difference. The ride was great and the climbing was awesome. Price & service from Tony is pretty tough to beat. I bought the 120 link chain and just cut off about 5 links I think? I was running 15/39 gearing.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top