Raptor Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For you guys that have the Plus 2 A-Arms and axles. How do you like them? Whats the handling like, and is it a good modification?

I do mainly trail riding but the trails are fairly wide so I doubt Ill have problems in the woods.

Also how is the turning radius? I imagine that you will lose some of that.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Oh man, I adore my extended a-arms and rear axle. It has saved me several times from a certain flip. Plus most A arm setups let you set your suspension angles. But it has also made it very hard to put the bike on 2 wheels (sideways) on any surface that slips at all. The only negatives I can think of are (1) no extended a-arm skid plate options and (2) might be a tighter fit on the trails or in the back of your pickup.

With the power these bikes put out stock or with the big 3 I figured I was better off, and safer, investing in the suspension before adding MORE power. Besides, the way this bike beats the pants off of all my friends Honda's they may stop letting me ride with them if I whooped them any worse :D

·
Registered
84 Posts
Also, no noticeable diff in turning radius. Besides most of the time I swing the rear around with a little 'ass english' so it wouldn't how wide the bike was...

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
My Raptor is +2, my wifes is stock, when getting on hers it's like driving a truck on 44's compared to a vette. Hers is very top heavy it seems.

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
+1 on everything said above, and i do all my steering with the throttle anyway so i didn't notice any difference. Im @ 52" wide and if i wasn't that wide i would of been on my lid alot, and its saved my ass quite a few times especially when your bookin it down the trail @ 70/75 mph, or go from 5th to 3rd and cram it into a banked corner thats when it really pays off imo. Best mod ever and don't go cheap in this department buy the good stuff.

·
Registered
386 Posts
BEST MOD EVER money well spent, i ride trails and its more fun to swing the ass around to turn instead of actually turning but the radius imo didnt change

·
Registered
26 Posts
+2 a-arms gives you +4 total inches.....so is it best to go with a +4 axle or what effect will a +2 axle have? How are the adj. Gforce axle's quality working out for ppl?.....and what are some good/bad brands of a-arms? Thanks

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
On my 350, I am +5" in the back, and +4.5(each side) in the front. And they are the same width. I noticed it turns so much sharper with the +3's.

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Stay away from full flight, i know alot of people who have had problems with them,theyvare cheap for a reason u get what u pay for. Good ones r Lsr, Houser that ive had experience with and imo are some of the best out there. Im sure some others will chime in with theirs. And get a +4 adjustable axle that way u can change widths if you want. Lsr has a new one called pro that is awesome and not to expensive from tqs call steve and chat with him

·
Registered
84 Posts
ASR all the way. When I received my new A arms the old ones felt like toys in comparison. The only thing I didn't particularly like about ASR was the lack of zerks! A drill and a tap fixed that though... I guess it's all about what you want to spend though, you can get the ASR a arms for around $400 and get to choose if you want ball joints or Heims. GG ball joints IMHO.

As far as how wide to go? Who knows? Whatever suits your intended purpose is king. For me the +2 (Left/Right '+4 total) front back was perfect. Plus, most +2 kits you can reuse your stock front shocks so you can upgrade the bike in pieces as opposed to dropping a $G++ right off the bat. Worked for me to sell it to the old lady...

Also, from what I have read don't go bigger in the back than the front unless you want poor turning/handling characteristics. Just don't expect me to explain why. All I could think of was a 3-Wheeler...

·
Registered
240 Posts
I run LSR long Travel Arms & RPM Dominator II Axle, both solid products. The width helps with the handling but the don't forget about the added benefit of added wheel travel in height. Long Travels give you a better center of gravity while adding inches bbetween the ground and the bottom of your arms.

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Mine are great, came with good instructions, great quality, they are fine IMO.
Im sure they work great for you but great quality they are not. They are out of phoenix where i live so i you really want to know about them i have plenty of stories to tell you about there quality and "lifetime" warranty.

·
Registered
386 Posts
i have armadillo aarms from rocky mountain atv and i love them.when you hold them up to the stockers,the stockers looked thin and weak.the only thin i didnt like about them is you have no color choice.
and i have gforce adj axle on my rappy and banshee and also on my lt250r and quadzilla thats how much i like there product. I havent bent one yet and im 330lbs.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts