Raptor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:help: Well, guys... any ideas? After my "accident" the rappy goes left when you have the handle bars pointed strait ahead. In order to go strait, you have to have the handle bars pointed slightly to the right. I know the bars themselfs are slightly bent but there is something else going on. :3question: I took off the black plastic cover and looked around and I could not see anything bent.

I hate to take it to the stealership if it's something I could do myself. I just don't know where to start.

Thanks in advance for the help. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
779 Posts
birdog said:
Rollin700Hard said:
Mine Does That Now So I Just Adjust My Tie Rods A Little Every Now And Then And Its cool!
uhhh.... How do you adjust he Tie Rods?
The service manual goes through the basic procedure. Before you make any adjustments, take a ruler, measuring tape or caliper if you have one and measure the distance between tie rod ends on each tie rod and compare side to side. They should be almost even. You can also take a small straight edge and hold it up against the tie rods to see if they are bent. If they are, replace them. I posted a link to a site that shows you how to make alignment adjustments, step by step. Do a search for it. IF you can't find it, I'll hunt for it.

MK

·
2008 SMX Series Champion HO
2,679 Posts
point is straight, it goes left
SOUNDS LIKE A PERSONAL PROBLEM TO ME :lol:

·
Registered
278 Posts
Hee hee hee personal problem...

My rappy has the same issue. I was too lazy to adjust it this fall when it was cold as he(double hockey sticks) outside, but will definitely do it before duning season starts here in Mich... Oh dang, only about 30 more days!

·
Registered
689 Posts
Sounds like you could have twisted your steering stem. I twisted mine after a incident going over backwards while climbing a hill. Basically the same thing the bars where straight but the bike didn't travel straight. If it is not bad you can adjust it out with your tie rods as stated before. I wasn't able to. I could turn one way really sharp and the other not so good. I just ended up getting a new stem not too expensive. Anyway hope this helps.

·
Registered
135 Posts
my guess would be steering stem to. but you may wanna check around those a arms too because ive seen guys with the same problem and they found out it was there a arms that were bent.

·
2008 SMX Series Champion HO
2,679 Posts
If you ding your a-arms they can have stress on them even if you don't see it....i took mine off, one side went on like glove, other side i had to pry back on.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I just fixed that problem today its the tie rods adjust them and you'll be straight ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts