Raptor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
VelociRaptor said:
Yeah, he knows better than to get a duel going in the sport quad market ;). He will have his ass handed to him.
handed? more like tore off and shown to him. should be interesting to see. although if it were i who was to accept...no way would i let them "prepair" me a ride. insist on bringing a new stock modle and have the officials inspect them. something about that just wouldnt sit right with me..

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
to me it doesn't seem like it will prove how tough any atv is.....unless tough to them means towing? it's more like who's the better rider and who's quad handles better, tow, ride etc...
to me tough has to do with durability, and that's proven over time,...seems like kinda a waste of time for the other ceo's and then if they don't show he will say they couldn't handle it, then slander their names, .. just seems like a big marketing scam, polaris must have 1 new 07 that's pretty good, or he wouldn't of bothered to try this little test that proves nothing about real toughness... i'll show up with my rappy. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have a Sportsman 500, and it is a good quality quad. I don't think it (or a larger Sportsman) can really hang with the BRP Outlander/Renegade. I guess it depends on the definition of 'tough'.

·
Registered
219 Posts
It's a great publicity stunt!! In the end it proves nothing...other than which CEO (or their designated rider) is the better rider. It'd be fun to watch regardless of who wins.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
sandnut said:
I have a Sportsman 500, and it is a good quality quad. I don't think it (or a larger Sportsman) can really hang with the BRP Outlander/Renegade. I guess it depends on the definition of 'tough'.
We have a 1999 Polaris 500 and haven't done anything do it. We also have a 800 and have towed a lot of stuff back varying from a 10ft tree to a pickup with no problems.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Polaris makes a great utility quad ..as far as sport quads well they look better in 07 but the predator falls pretty short but hey better than 3 years ago

R

·
0 Posts
The Polaris utility's ar pretty good if all you do is farm work and NO MUD!!! Once you put one in mud they start to tear up. Been there done that. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
YUP LIKE WE SAID, PUBLICITY STUNT.! pretty lame that polaris ceo would actually beleive this proved they are the toughest
:clap:
way to go
Minneapolis, Oct., 26, 2006 – After granting a last chance extension to his original challenge of a live, head-to-head competition to settle who really has the toughest ATVs, Polaris CEO Tom Tiller today claimed an uncontested victory.

“After granting an extension and issuing several requests to participate, the other manufacturers’ CEOs have either declined or not responded at all,” said Tiller. “Regardless of the reason, I’m disappointed the other CEOs would not accept my challenge. Their unwillingness to participate proves only one company makes the world’s toughest ATVs…and that company is Polaris.”

Tiller issued his challenge on October 9 via a letter to the CEOs of Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha, Kawasaki, BRP and Arctic Cat. After not getting any of the manufacturers to accept by the October 20th deadline, Tiller extended the invitation to October 24 and also sweetened the pot by offering a special prize for “The Duel’s” winner. The prize was a $10,000 donation through Polaris’ T.R.A.I.L.S grant program to the non-profit ATV organization of the winner’s choice. Since none of the CEOs accepted Tiller’s challenge, Polaris will donate the $10,000 to an organization to be named later.

“I wanted to give the CEOs every opportunity to respond,” said Tiller. “I apologize to all the riders out there who were looking forward to ‘The Duel.’ No rider wanted it more than I did.”

People can celebrate the Polaris victory by logging onto www.polarisduel.com to see Tiller’s victory speech, share their thoughts in the blog and challenge their friends to a duel.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I have ridden a few polaris utv's and they are exceptional but that new yama grizzly 700 with powersteering is sure a freekin contender..I was rather impressed with it and will prolly get one for the farm when i get back to the states..I am just really happy with the yama product line for 2007..lookout 2008 cuz it just keeps gettin better

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
...............Arrogant Ass!

I dont have a problem with the sleds, and the utilities....but the sport machines are not near the quad that the big 4 put out!
I would have like to see a test of the utilities though.....canam is making a nice machine....and I would have liked to see how the popular (around here anyway) grizzly did with FI and power steering

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Talljess said:
I have ridden a few polaris utv's and they are exceptional but that new yama grizzly 700 with powersteering is sure a freekin contender..I was rather impressed with it and will prolly get one for the farm when i get back to the states..I am just really happy with the yama product line for 2007..lookout 2008 cuz it just keeps gettin better

I agree.....you beat me to it! :thumbsup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts