Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinkin about getting my son a 90cc predator and lookin for input. I've heard good things about the suspention and power of them. wish it was a four stroke though. its a 03 and in perfect shape. used very little, like 4 or 5 tanks. can get it for 1200.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
I believe PaleRider has one of these, I've heard some good things.

Four stroke mini quads are gutless, and no more reliable on average.

·
Registered
17,851 Posts
Maddog56 said:
I believe PaleRider has one of these, I've heard some good things.

Four stroke mini quads are gutless, and no more reliable on average.
Loose Nutz also just bought one

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Get a KFX or LT 80 06' or older, 2 stroke and dependable. Repairis are crap and the 90's are no exception. Some other company makes them for Polaris (can't remeber the name, but they make crap as well) and they have electrical and tranny problems. My cousin has an LT 80 that is 10+ years old and still runs great. I just bought a new 2005 for my son. It does not have great suspension, but has independent front A-arms and rear swing arm and there is aftermarket Workz shocks that are supposed to be nice.

·
Registered
218 Posts
They may be OK for just riding aroung the yard, that's about it. My nephew got one last year to race, it is JUNK on the racetrack. The swing-arm broke, the frame cracked in two places, and we rebuilt the transmission twice. That is all the major problems we had, there were always little problems to fix everyday we were at the track. This was an 05 he got earlier this year (around April), the only time it ran good is when we went camping and he just rode around the camping area. He just got a new Apex MXR, it really moves, and it's about a 1/2" narrower than my Raptor. For any type of racing the Predator 90 is JUNK, JUNK, JUNK. If your not racing, it is only JUNK.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I've got a 2 stroke predator 90 for the little one and havent had a probem yet. They have some of the best suspesion travel in their class. They are not the fastest out there but good enough.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
The suzuki lt80 and it's kawasaki clone have been considered among the top options for quite some time.

Some of the e-tons and kaseas have gained a good following as well.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I bought my son a pred 90 a year ago and have had no problems with it at all, and I have a good friend that has had his kid on 1 for 3 yrs now with no problem and mine will do 35 mph with the jumper out of it with me on it and I am 180lbs. So I would say they are fast enough I would recomend it. And the new one are now 4 stroke

·
Registered
13 Posts
My son's friend has one and when he rides with my family he keeps up very well. I think they look cool, has a very good suspension for it's class.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
i just got one the other day, let me tell you i'm 6'3" 260 and the only thing is my knees hit the handlebars when turnin, but hey it's for my 5 year old daughter.me and my buddy were in the yard ridin wheelies with it..it's a blast.it's all bottom end and will go about 20 wide open with me on it.my daughter is 5 and about 35lbs so it should fly.i was suprised it did a burnout in my garage....havent tried to play with governor yet but will this week. it's and 06.a buddy of mine bought it for his wife,she took it for a ride around the yard and didn't like it so he sold it..to me :grin_nod: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Maddog56 said:
The suzuki lt80 and it's kawasaki clone have been considered among the top options for quite some time.

Actually I think it is the other way around :thumbsup: , my Kawasaki says on it made my Suzuki.

The E-Ton and Kasea were on the top of my list when I bought the KFX, but they just did not have enough power with the little four stroke. If you are serious about racing there is a couple of other more expensive brands out there for kids, some of them cost more than my 700 :crazy:

Glad someone brought up the issue about the frames on the Predator I forgot to mention that.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
pile0g00 said:
Maddog56 said:
The suzuki lt80 and its kawasaki clone have been considered among the top options for quite some time.

Actually I think it is the other way around :thumbsup: , my Kawasaki says on it made my Suzuki.
Like I said, the lt80 and its kawasaki clone. A clone with a kawasaki name. ;)

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Maddog56 said:
pile0g00 said:
Maddog56 said:
The suzuki lt80 and its kawasaki clone have been considered among the top options for quite some time.

Like I said, the lt80 and its kawasaki clone. A clone with a kawasaki name. ;)
Oh my bad :chair:

·
Registered
579 Posts
I also like that the predator 90 has reverse and full size quality tires.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
BadRap said:
I also like that the predator 90 has reverse and full size quality tires.
electric start to,i looked at all the other 50/90 that are out there and the suzuki/yamaha/kawasaki front suspension looked cheesy to me. anyway i took the predator out and was ridin wheelies through the yard,my yard is 250 ft from the street to the woods and it did it no problem,it's kinda funny to ride somethin so small and yet still wheelie it...

·
Registered
554 Posts
I bought an '06 for my boy and I have had absolutely zero problems out of it. My boy rides the piss out of it jumping it every chance he has. The '06 has reverse, electric start and daytime running lights on it. It does great in the trails and the dunes. Plus it is a little wheelie machine.

I agree with Nutz it has a great usuable suspension for these little guys. Far better than the others we test drove and personally they liked the looks of the Preds compared to the others. Although the Raptor looks cool to, but its suspension and power is an absolute joke. You can get an 06 Preddy now for a great price. My local dealer is closing out the '06 for $1850. Next year they are going to the 4-stroke 90 cc Outlaw. But you can still get an '07 2-stroke in pink. That is on my 7-year-olds wishlist.

If you are racing any of these 90's you have to gusset the frames. I almost bought the new Typhoon Extreme and so glad I did not. These are having lots of problems with the steering stems, heel guards and rear suspension. In fact they advertise they have rezzies on the front, which they do, to bad they are not functional rezzies though.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
i bought it for my daughter, she's 5 and 30lbs, but i didn't want her to ride a 50 then have to buy her a bigger bike in a year or so when she gets bored of it.she will be able to ride it for a couple of years, then when she gets tired of it,my wife can ride it,she's only 4'12" and like 110 so it will be around a long time :thumbsup:

·
Registered
218 Posts
I have a full set of Works shocks for the Predator 90, paid $600 for them 6 months ago, they are much better than stock, especially if your jumping. Anyone interested?

·
Registered
27 Posts
My buddies 8 yr old boy rides fairly hard......He has broken the singarm on his Predator & just recently craked the case jumping. If you want tot race get something better! As far as not race and big jumps, I bought my 8 yr old daughter the 125 extreme typhoon & we like it. The rezzie front shocks are fake, but they still work better then most others. The stock dual A-arms are hard to beat. They make all kinds of easy upgrades for them. The 125 Typhoon is faster than my buddies 90 polaris 2-stroke with Hetrick Racing pipe & clutch kit. I do think some of the stuff on the Extreme Typhoon is crap, but it's a perfect platform for a fun inexpensive build up!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts