Raptor Forum banner

Polished motor pictures

3K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Murphyslaw 
#1 ·
Well I spent 20 plus hours polishing my motor this weekend !!! Ouch what a pain in the ass, would not recommend this to two many people. We had the motor out fixing a tranny issue so I decided to attempt to polishing the motor. It turned out alright I guess let me know what you guys think ? I have a Direct Dive Lockout (polished on the way)and we are putting a 5mil crank in her as well !!! I'll post some pictures when it's all back together ! Here are some before and after pictures.

See less See more
#3 ·
Oh yeah..... Thats nice...

#5 ·
clear or not to clear ?

Yes I have thought about clear coating it but I'm on the fence about it.A good buddy of mine does powder coating and has clear coated his wifes bike. It looked good but once it's clear coated your stuck and I would not want it to turn yellowish after time. p.s. what's wrong with the pictures ?

#7 ·
Looks great Jim! I know how much work that is! We've had wheels PCed clear and they came out fine and there is a PC clear that is a true clear that my powder coater uses. the only thing you need to do is when you do your final polish make sure the polish you use does not have silicone in it and your good to go! We have one set out there that have been done for 4 yrs. so far and still look great.

#9 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.