Raptor Forum banner

Should I unsticky all the threads in this board?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Move them to an archive

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided there are way too many stickied threads in here and they get annoying. Do you guys like them being there or should I unsticky them?

The other thing I'm thinking of is just starting a mod archive section of the forum and putting them in there. People will be allowed to reply to threads but not start their own so it will stay clean. Your thoughts?

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Move the main ones, the three mods, to an archive called "The 3 Mods."
Those are the ones most newbies would ultimately ask questions about. The three mods posts are the ones I study the most - and I haven't even started modding things out yet.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I say yes archive & post a new sticky with directions on how to use search function.
:grin_nod:

·
Registered
815 Posts
so would we still be able to start new threads? like with questions.... bcs we are always going to be coming up with stuff happening to our bikes ... and having questions....

Plattner

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
plattner said:
so would we still be able to start new threads? like with questions.... bcs we are always going to be coming up with stuff happening to our bikes ... and having questions....

Plattner
You would be able to start new threads in this board but not the archive board. The archive would just be where good threads go for future reference so they don't have to be stickied and taking up half the page in here.

·
Registered
815 Posts
yea i think you shoudl do the archive thing.... i am just tired of newbies asking questions that have been answered over and over in many different threads.... i mean it is very easy to do a search...

Plattner

·
Registered
610 Posts
Good move Dracus. Stick the stickies in their own forum so we don't lose the bottom of the first page so quickly. Maybe call it Installs and include other mod instructions, too.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Just make them locked threads in a new FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) forum category. Then they'll always be there for folks to read. My only complaint on this site would be having to pan down through all of the sticky posts in each section. It's not that big of a deal, but it's nice to see the newest posts right at the top of the page when you go to it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.