Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read in multiple places that some mechanics rather do ports only VS port & polish, but I can't find anything specific for raptors. What's the general concencus for this matter in the forums?

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
10,566 Posts
I've read in multiple places that some mechanics rather do ports only VS port & polish, but I can't find anything specific for raptors. What's the general concencus for this matter in the forums?
I have had several ported 4 stroke heads and 2 stroke cylinders and none of them were shiny polished. The theory is that the intake , although symmetrical, can have a rough finish. This helps keep the air and fuel mixed going thru the intake. The exhaust needs to have a smooth finish to allow the gasses to easily flow out. It can be anything from smooth to shiny polished finish to reduce or remove all grinder marks and scratches.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Intake port works good with 80 grit to keep fuel in suspension with air. The exhaust can be polished. Helps prevent carbon from sticking.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My head was done by Cuervo. He was pissed off I even asked him about polishing, lol... Told me he will never polish it. With the reputation he has, I guess I have to believe him.

Sent from my GM1910 using Tapatalk

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
10,566 Posts
I would trust his work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts