Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever had this done, and if so, what kind of gains did you see. Is it worth the 300$. I had the decompression lever shoot out the top of my valve cover and my local speed shop said i may have hurt the head

·
Registered
960 Posts
from what i have heard if you put in a piston and cam and get a p&p done it gains a lot of power if you want to find out more go to bluetraxx.com and under the 660 forum look for the coalshedracing or csr and talk to him good price is 275 for a basic p&p guys really good

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
It's going to vary a lot in price depending on what you want done. Cleanups are cheap, hv and drag ports are expensive. How much you get out of it also depends a lot on your setup and the type of riding you do. It's worth it, if the rest of the internals (either current or near future) are taken into consideration when it's ported.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no its nothing it is bone stock other than an HMF slip on and a 12 tooth sprocket up front and a 42 tooth in the back. im pretty new to the riding world. Thanks for all the info guys.

·
Registered
320 Posts
If your looking for performance than port and polish if you are wanting to refresh or replace valves then get a valve job done. I will try to exsplain port and polish as i have had a few exsplain it to me today. A valve job and a port and polish are not the same. A valve job a standerd one is wher they cut and reshape your valve seats/ports by doing a 3 angle port job. You may want this or need this when replaceing valves. I found the stand 3 angle valve job price from 100-175. A port and polish is wher they can go in and port/polish the port and head and can bore out the ports for larger valves but you can port and polish without bigger valves. port and polish is costly 350+ but you gain some good power. Personally I would get everythang else done before port/polish like your full exhust, jet kit, bore high compression piston , cam , new/better rod /crankshaft and all the thangs like better clutch and 1way so it hold up before I pay for a port and polish. Atlest for me anyways a port and polish and fcr carb are the last performance mods i have on my wish list "turbo/nitro/rocket be nice but is unrealistic for me to do"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts