Raptor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Thanks for that post...very interesting. I knew that there was a lot of technology involved in head porting..good read.

I always have laughed at people that think hogging out ports will make the head more efficient. In reality it does just the opposite..

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
So basically if your running a turbo a lot of the pressure dynamics are sort of voided because the air is already pressurized before it gets to the intake/cylinder? Not the actual flow, but the way its ported to pressurize the cylinder from the sonic echo. Make sense? Just never got into detail like that on automotive motors because we were always turbo/super charging them/ which was more are limiting factor. But good porting could cause it to spool quicker? Just wondering for discussion...kinda how I understand it..feel free to educate me.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Thats a great article. Bigger isn't always better, huge ports also flow well in reverse and most don't realise that the intake valves don't actually close until the piston is on the way back up so there is some back pressure introduced into the runners and in extreme cases can result in the intake charge actually making 2 trips through the carbs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts