Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive done this before on some other forums i visit (car). its cool to see the changes and progression of peoples projects. post up your before/after pics or random shots you like.. ill throw some of my random stuff up

day one, from first few pics:

after the second ride:

and now:

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
CAROLINA_700R said:
GAWD! Thats alot of mud, must've took forever to clean up. 8)
yep, that was from last weeks ride. this week was even worse..

3 hours with a pressure washer both times to get it clean enough for me. then it gets dry and you see a ton of shit you missed ::)

·
Registered
202 Posts
guamraptor how difficult was it to tear down and rebuild the whole bike ? Did you run into any major problems ?

·
Registered
134 Posts
I didnt know it snowed in Guam. Cold Winter?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Nice pics, especially the one with the mud. Hell of a ride but the clean up must have been even better

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
nmotion700 said:
guamraptor how difficult was it to tear down and rebuild the whole bike ? Did you run into any major problems ?
It wasn't bad. The things I did learn from it though it take your time so you remember where everything goes.
I used a sheet of cardboard to keep track of all nuts and bolts. Have lots of area to store stuff, there are alot more peices than you think. And take your time putting it back together. I used the service manual alot. Kept it open in the laptop so I could keep referencing to it, especialy for cable routing and torque specs.

bta15 said:
I didnt know it snowed in Guam. Cold Winter?
That was from last winter in Utah before I moved to Guam. the temps here in Guam vary from 91 which is the High for the year to about 78 which has been our coldest this year but that was at 2 am while it was raining, It felt like I needed a jacket
otherwise its just 85 here

Mavmang said:
Hey GuamRaptor whats the deepest snow you tend to ride in.

also, your quad is from the future 2024. :lol:
Deepest was about 2 feet, I spent most of last winter snowboarding. Yea the camera was all jacked up on the clock. The quad still looks in good shape though for being 18 years old.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Man I love it when everyone does mods to their quads. Especially custom work. Ill post some when I get mine done, Guam quick question what kind of hood do you have their and where did you get it? Thanks

·
Registered
17,851 Posts
RAD700R said:
Man I love it when everyone does mods to their quads. Especially custom work. Ill post some when I get mine done, Guam quick question what kind of hood do you have their and where did you get it? Thanks
since guam hasn't replied. to me it looks like the stocker just painted up. ? :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Sorry I had to go to PT this morning ::) Yea its the stocker just painted black.

Well abot the wife thing, mine lives in Utah right now (long story) So there's no probs with me having the Quad on the coffie table for a month while I tore it down to the frame and then went threw it with a fine tooth come. It was due I've had it for a year now and have 500 plus hrs on it

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Well before i came to guam I would spend almost every weekend from friday afterwork till sunday night at the dunes or local trails, plus one or two after work trips a week. ANd now that I'm in Guam w/o the family i was at the track allweekend plus practice two nights a week and drag racing on fryday nights, Ya i know I have no life aoutside the quad, which really sucks because I won't be able to ride for awhile. Oh well maybee its time for another tear down then and try another look

·
Registered
120 Posts
raptorandy...that thing is friggin sick! :thumbsup:

did u have to modify the head pipe at all to make it fit around the rear shock?

1 - 20 of 57 Posts