Raptor Forum banner

Post your trip/trail

87K views 687 replies 71 participants last post by  sandman89 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello.

I'd like to start a thread so we can share where have we taken our machines.

I'll go ahead and post my tour from the Sunday. It was sunny and warm so it was a perfect condition for a snowy road.
I hope you'll like it :smile

As the privacy goes I'd rather not tell the location. Hope you understand.

About half the way we took a break at a nice vista point.

We were hoping we'll reach our destination in the hills far away from city lights but the road kinda just ended :frown

On our way back we checked if those old abandoned building are still there.

And a panorama shot.

See less See more
#4 ·
Decided to let my baby ride for a change

Attachments

#6 ·
Would that happen to be Newtown CT?

#10 · (Edited)
After three weeks we re attempted to reach our destination and this time we succeed :)
There was approx 40cm of snow but it was frozen on top so it was drivable as long as you didn't stop or went to slow ;) And have to say that stock raptor maxxis tyres are much better in snow than maxxis razr2. while he was stuck I was driving forwards and backwards right next to him :D

Reactions: ian77
#13 ·
One of those pictures has something going on that I frown about, can you guess what it is??

Other than that item it looks like you had a great time! Too cold here to do anything but look at them and make sure the ones on my trailer are covered good.

Reactions: Cammy
#19 ·
Going to sand dunes in Waynoka Oklahoma next weekend March 4, 5, or 6, should be 74 degrees and sunny(fingers crossed)

Should have my big3 and extended swingarm done this coming week, so it'll be an exciting ride before I come home and do a high compression E85 build or slap a turbo kit on hmmm decisions?

#24 ·
Oh trust me we do as well. It wasnt nearly cold enough for long enough to kill the bugs, which means the sand gnats and mosquitoes are going to be in full force this year. The pollen has been crazy. I already have small baby peaches on my peach tree.

Reactions: Cammy
#31 ·
Went on a trail that I've gone many times before. But this time in the opposite direction. It was interesting :D

At first I got stuck in a ditch like this.

I thought meh I'll go backwards a bit and give it another go but no it went up like its a bull or something :D On picture it doesn't look steep but it is.

#32 ·
Went to a place called Hog Waller in Palatka FL.

Came across this mud hole called Gator Hole. As you can see that is a 4x4 stuck up past the wheels. An hour later came up across that hole again after it was loosened up quite a bit. There were a bunch of 4x4s stuck and getting pulled out. So i decided to put on a show and take the raptor thru it. I made it all the way baby without getting stuck! 2nd gear and throttle pinned. Im trying to find some video of it from anyone who was there videoing.

Attachments

#33 · (Edited)
It was a lovely Saturday ride. Didn't really plan on going there but didn't regret it. The view is great and even got a few good pictures :)

Here is the best one

#35 · (Edited)
I can't wait for spring :D

Sunny weather with no clouds is calling for me :grin

Did more than 100km today. Most of 'em on snow and gravel.

Reactions: jsanders347
#36 ·
New weekend new ride.
This was a busy one. Did 140km and fuel light came on when I returned home (I left off with full tank). So that is ~8.4L per 140km which is approx 6L/100km (39mpg). I like this fuel consumption :D And I was not alone. Wasn't driving to hard (3-4-5th gear 50-60km/h) and occasional pulls were still present.

#37 ·
I did pick up a nail on that last ride though. Seems like its a bad habit on that side :D #enx
The tyre still holds but I might repair it any way. Its safer :)

#39 ·
I see why :D I never ever had problem with tyres. Until now.