Raptor Forum banner

361 - 380 of 398 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,341 Posts
Many treats to her recovery! We always enjoyed seeing her looking over your projects.

·
Registered
997 Posts
That’s fun. What trail system? My step dad is trying to get up there soon. There’s a place that closes in Late October I think but I forget what it’s called. It’s huge.

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,688 Posts
Oregon Dune sand camping. Banshee Hill in the background(actually made by 3 wheelers). Great weather and dry sand.

·
Registered
12 Posts
my small part of you toob 👍
have only a few videos of the new to me Raptor so far. I picked up a GoPro Max 360 back just as this COVID crap was taking off and have been in a learning curve with it. LumaFusion is nice on my iPad Pro.

·
11,688 Posts
Winchester Bay sand dunes. Sorry for the finger.

·
Super Moderator
8,341 Posts
That sand looks sooo smooth. Not harsh and rutted out like around here.

Reactions: DEZPERADO

·
11,688 Posts
That sand looks sooo smooth. Not harsh and rutted out like around here.
It's unusually dry and a with a good wind from the North, makes soft sand. Next weekend it will get ruted and over used in the popular area's for the holiday.

Reactions: NYraptor

·
Registered
247 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Had a great time at Mountain Ridge ATV Park!

·
11,688 Posts
Still in the dunes for a few more days, everyone else left yesterday and today. There were 14 people and 12 sand rigs.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Looks like y'all are still having some fun!!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
107 Posts
Surprised it isn't socked in, usually when it gets into the 100's here in the valley the coast is solid mist. Looks like there must of been some nice wind to smooth it all out. Do yourself a favor and leave that little postage stamp and head over to the Spinreel/Horsfall area. So much more area to ride.

·
11,688 Posts
Surprised it isn't socked in, usually when it gets into the 100's here in the valley the coast is solid mist. Looks like there must of been some nice wind to smooth it all out. Do yourself a favor and leave that little postage stamp and head over to the Spinreel/Horsfall area. So much more area to ride.
Yeah, we're going to Houser for the rescheduled UTV Takeover. A friend has property between KOA and Myrtlewood.
We've been here 12 days, no rain, one night of dew, South wind one day, rest has been from the North and has kept the sand really smooth.

·
Registered
107 Posts
First time I ever rode over there was in 84, a friend I used to race with finally talked me into loading up the dirt bikes and heading over. We stayed there in Houser in the overflow. It was the 4th of July weekend and I was hooked. Tried to buy land there when they took the old mill out but they could never close the deal because they kept have problems splitting the lot. My kids practically grew up there and now I take my grandkids.
flying B.JPG

·
11,688 Posts
First time I ever rode over there was in 84, a friend I used to race with finally talked me into loading up the dirt bikes and heading over. We stayed there in Houser in the overflow. It was the 4th of July weekend and I was hooked.
You talking about the overflow across from the railroad tracks? My friends property is up the hill, due east. His access used to go thru the overflow till they stopped him, cut a new access towards Myrtlewood. We've been going there since the 70's. It's sorta addictive. I started out as a dirt/mud rider, hit Sand Lake with a '68, 400 Husky, Florence with 3 wheelers, then buggies, and it grew from there.
At 73, with age comes a cage. I bought a CanAm X3. I knew my 75HP Raptor was gonna kill me.

·
11,688 Posts
My friend has 2.2 acres with a mobile home that is now empty. I missed out on 6 acres, two lots together, with direct dune access recently. Still looking.

Reactions: Alamo
361 - 380 of 398 Posts