Raptor Forum banner

441 - 460 of 464 Posts

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Lol. How much hp is a monster energy drink sticker worth?

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sixpack577

·
Registered
393 Posts
Anyone ever take a nap while out riding? I took the day off to go riding and stayed up late because I figured I could sleep in. Well they called me in early to fix a backhoe they needed so I was pretty tired towards the middle of my ride. I found this gravel pile to park on which laid me back in the seat and I slept like a baby. Might have to make this a regular thing!

DSCN8353.JPG

·
Registered
393 Posts
Bluebird day today. Supposed to be mid 70's for one day on Wednesday so I'm taking that day off and riding again. Love riding the quad, hopefully the SxS's are done for this season. Found out today that the Kfx 700 uses double the gas of the Raptor, luckily we had brought lots of extra fuel :)

DSCN8363.JPG
DSCN8368.JPG
DSCN8372.JPG

·
Registered
33 Posts
Anyone ever take a nap while out riding? I took the day off to go riding and stayed up late because I figured I could sleep in. Well they called me in early to fix a backhoe they needed so I was pretty tired towards the middle of my ride. I found this gravel pile to park on which laid me back in the seat and I slept like a baby. Might have to make this a regular thing!

View attachment 140774
I've had a few cat naps. Ride for some treats on a hot day. 255 km round trip.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
137 Posts

Ride with some new friends, its a pretty fair crew, 2 banshees, 2 Raptor 700 :)

·
Registered
2006 raptor 700
27 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
How many days was your trip? I know we did about 110 miles on Saturday and that was in 8 hrs and was just about 3 gallons of fuel. We always take an extra gallon with us and find around 3-4 gallons is about all we can burn in a day. This is riding on gravel Forest Service roads from 1500-6000 feet.

·
Registered
33 Posts
How many days was your trip? I know we did about 110 miles on Saturday and that was in 8 hrs and was just about 3 gallons of fuel. We always take an extra gallon with us and find around 3-4 gallons is about all we can burn in a day. This is riding on gravel Forest Service roads from 1500-6000 feet.
This was just a day trip. Just over 14 hours round trip 300 miles. That with stopping for fuel and food ect on way to riding area of interest. Went through 4ish tanks of fuel. Filled up anytime I had the chance. So prob used less fuel. Kept the rpm's low most time. This ride was trail, logging roads, regular road (legal here for trail to trail access) and a lot of crown land trails. Elevation rage from sea level to 1600 feet.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
393 Posts
I lived back East for a couple of years in my early 20's and couldn't believe there is hardly any public lands. Everything was privately owned and where I lived nobody rode. There are thousands of miles of Forest Service roads to ride in the county I live in alone. You can ride for weeks and never touch the same road twice. All public and all free. Couldn't imagine doing 300 miles in a day on a quad.

441 - 460 of 464 Posts