Raptor Forum banner

461 - 480 of 504 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
That's awesome, I can't imagine being able to ride that far.
I wish we could do that here.
I lived back East for a couple of years in my early 20's and couldn't believe there is hardly any public lands. Everything was privately owned and where I lived nobody rode. There are thousands of miles of Forest Service roads to ride in the county I live in alone. You can ride for weeks and never touch the same road twice. All public and all free. Couldn't imagine doing 300 miles in a day on a quad.
Pretty lucky here in central/northern Ontario. It has been only the last 5 years that different townships ect have gave atv and sxs use of the roads to connect to different trail heads. Some of the trails are on private property. Owners have given permission to cut a trail through property for to the local atv clubs and are maintained by the club's.
I will admit body is a tad broken today after the ride but well worth it.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2006 raptor 700
33 Posts
This was just a day trip. Just over 14 hours round trip 300 miles. That with stopping for fuel and food ect on way to riding area of interest. Went through 4ish tanks of fuel. Filled up anytime I had the chance. So prob used less fuel. Kept the rpm's low most time. This ride was trail, logging roads, regular road (legal here for trail to trail access) and a lot of crown land trails. Elevation rage from sea level to 1600 feet.

[/QUOTE

once it dries up here I’ll try and map a couple trips to see how far they are. We have a lot of crown land and logging roads here in eastern Canada as well. I’m excited to be a part of this forum now and see everyone’s rides and be able to share mine! Looks like you had an awesome ride.

·
Registered
40 Posts
We dried up here much earlier that past few season. But there was a section of trail about 6km that was not passable without 4x4 so had to road run to get around.
Post your trips when you get out there.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Mud ride on sunday

·
Registered
148 Posts

😃 😃 😃

·
Registered
431 Posts
Today was just too perfect to go to work. 80 degrees and blue bird skies. Took the day off, oldest grandson skipped school and we tore it up all day. Even had a wolf run between us in the middle of the ride :) Snow is melting and did a bunch of "first through" rides. He is just like me, once we start down a road just wants to keep going. Screw the snow!

DSCN8484.JPG
DSCN8488.JPG
DSCN8492.JPG
DSCN8494.JPG
DSCN8498.JPG
DSCN8502.JPG
DSCN8512.JPG
DSCN8530.JPG

461 - 480 of 504 Posts