Raptor Forum banner

481 - 500 of 514 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,853 Posts
Where the still sites?? Ever come across any on your journeys?

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Where the still sites?? Ever come across any on your journeys?
Yep!
There was an old barrel, pipes and tubing by the falls when we moved in 6 years ago.
I can't say I was suprised, lol.
Franklin county(the moonshine capital of the world) is 30 minutes away, and it's common here too in all the neighboring counties(I'm right in the corner of 3 counties, 2 of which border Frankilin on the other sides).
All these pictures are literally my back yard, lmao, no epic adventure, but since things have turned green, and I haven't been able to go anywhere to ride lately, I thought I'de take a few pictures.

·
Super Moderator
8,853 Posts
Nice back yard, no doubt. I like watching the moon shiners show on TV, even though it’s staged for the most part. Nice scenery out there.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Seems so odd seeing so many leafed trees. There are some down low where we unload, mostly Madrone/Oak but once you hit 2-3k nothing but firs.

Another day in the 80's tomorrow, so I'm riding. Decided to take a solo day. Sometimes they are my favorite, no waiting or dust. Where we ride there are thousands of miles of roads that go different ways, you have to wait at most of them to make sure the guy behind you goes the right way. I've rode, camped, hunted and fished up there since I was a kid so I know every road but even guys that have gone up there 10 times with me still are lost after an hour. Nice sometimes to just cruize along and not have to worry about anyone else. I do miss riding hard in 4th and 5th when alone, go off a cliff and you might never be found. So when I ride by myself try to keep it 4th and lower. Well 5th as long as I'm lugging it :)

·
Super Moderator
8,853 Posts
Really has me itching to hit a trail or 2, but this has been a snowy spring around the parts we ride. We went up 2 weekends ago to an area and it had cross country skiers on it, still quite a bit of snow on the ground and another 14” hitting it the other day and more tomorrow. Hopefully it really does help with the forest fire situations and we don’t get pummeled like last year with fire.

·
Super Moderator
8,853 Posts
I am in Colorado

Reactions: Sixpack577

·
Registered
464 Posts
What a great ride today. So glad I've got vacation days I need to burn so I can take off the best days of the week and "chase the sun" :) Did get a flat today but that's why I always have my pump and plug kit, got caught once miles from the truck without it. Had a couple of Blue Jays have lunch with me, one tried to steal my whole bag of chips. So rude.
DSCN8536.JPG
DSCN8541.JPG
DSCN8544.JPG
DSCN8549.JPG
DSCN8550.JPG
DSCN8563.JPG
DSCN8573.JPG
DSCN8581.JPG
DSCN8582.JPG

·
Super Moderator
8,853 Posts
Lol @CHIMBAZOID ... I watched that all the time growing up, you are definitely around my age bracket.

·
Registered
40 Posts

Reactions: 4stroker4life
481 - 500 of 514 Posts