Raptor Forum banner
521 - 540 of 580 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Went on what I'm calling the fire ride yesterday. A small fire a few days ago is over 50,000 acres today. Shame that the forest service doesn't fight fires anymore but just "contains" them. Too many people making a living off of fires every year to put them out when they are small. Flames were hundreds of feet tall and swirling like tornadoes. Trees exploding, sounds like a train car being hooked up to a train. Watched it until it hit the edge of the little valley I was watching it from and decided it was time to leave.

Cloud Sky Tree Highland Natural landscape
Sky Cloud Plant Mountain Tree
Plant Atmosphere Sky Cloud Natural landscape
Cloud Atmosphere Sky Plant Natural landscape
Wheel Tire Cloud Sky Plant
Cloud Sky Plant community Mountain Plant

·
Registered
673 Posts
Rear tires on the 18 are almost done already. Gonna have to spend more time on the 19 and 20. Helped out some people who got lost and spent the night in the middle of nowhere. They were lucky the fire shut down the area I would have been riding and was out where I rarely go. They were down to 1/8th of a tank and looking pretty grateful to find someone. Where they were it could have been a long wait or a longer walk. I always wonder why would you just head out into the middle of nowhere with no map and no idea of where you are going...
Plant People in nature Natural landscape Petal Fawn
Sky Plant Larch Natural landscape Terrestrial plant
Sky Bedrock Sunlight Trunk Natural landscape
Brown Plant Plant community Bedrock Tree
Tire Plant Bicycle handlebar Plant community Vehicle
Plant Flower Terrestrial plant Groundcover Flowering plant
Water Water resources Plant community Plant Natural landscape

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Rear tires on the 18 are almost done already. Gonna have to spend more time on the 19 and 20. Helped out some people who got lost and spent the night in the middle of nowhere. They were lucky the fire shut down the area I would have been riding and was out where I rarely go. They were down to 1/8th of a tank and looking pretty grateful to find someone. Where they were it could have been a long wait or a longer walk. I always wonder why would you just head out into the middle of nowhere with no map and no idea of where you are going... View attachment 141579 View attachment 141580 View attachment 141581 View attachment 141582 View attachment 141583 View attachment 141584 View attachment 141585
The tree with roots dangling down the cliff side is awesome. I love all the pics you post, we dont have that kind of scenery here in the midwest. Keep up the great photography work!

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
9,084 Posts
Those berries look almost ready for plucking to make jelly! We camped a week ago in Wyoming doing fishing only, and the past few days up in Red Feather Lakes area, where last falls Cameron Peak wildfire occurred. All riding areas we used To do are now closed for remediation. Crap ton of burn scars everywhere we used to camp. Had to go to an old faithful area just for greenery. Had moose mosey through camp, pretty rare in this area.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Camped this weekend and got to ride 3 days straight. HOT with plenty of swim breaks. Rode some new areas and came out in a little place with about 5 houses in the middle of nowhere. All I could hear was the Deliverance song play in my head and the Eagles Hotel California part " you can check out any time you'd like, but you can never leave" so I didn't stay long :) You just never know what you'll come up to miles and miles from any kind of town. Did have lunch with a frog on Saturday. He just swam up, jumped up on a rock beside me and hung out. Lots of babies out this time of year, deer, birds, rabbits, even saw a bear cub but didn't hang around long enough to meet mom. Them, wolves and big cats I avoid as much as possible. Not a fan of anything that can eat me. You just never know what will be around the next curve...
Flower Plant Plant community Mountain Sky
Flower Plant Natural environment Natural landscape Grass
Flower Sky Plant Mountain Plant community
Flower Plant Botany Terrestrial plant Grass
Frog True frog Toad Organism Grass
Water Frog Eye True frog Toad
Water Plant Plant community Fluvial landforms of streams Natural landscape
Plant Plant community Natural environment Terrestrial plant Natural landscape
Tire Wheel Plant Hood Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
673 Posts
Headed to a place called South Umpqua Falls yesterday. Haven't rode there in over 10 years because their are always tons of people. Is a pretty cool spot, always surprised how many people go there considering it is quite a ways from the nearest town. Were a couple of lighting fires so it was pretty smokey. Came up to one of them where a crew of about 40 guys was working and they let me through. Was nice to not have to turn back and go twice as far.

Water Water resources Plant Fluvial landforms of streams Natural landscape
Water Water resources Natural landscape Fluvial landforms of streams Waterfall
Water Water resources Waterfall Natural landscape Fluvial landforms of streams
Water Water resources Fluvial landforms of streams Natural landscape Waterfall
Vertebrate Picture frame Rectangle Mammal Art
Plant Water Water resources Vertebrate Green
Motor vehicle Light Plant Font Water
Plant Tree Wood Natural landscape Sky

·
Registered
673 Posts
Got smoked out this weekend. Went up Friday night and it wasn't bad, woke up Saturday morning and it was terrible. More fires every time there is lightning so more areas closed. Just hope it doesn't get so bad they close it all down until it rains. Hate have to drive the 2 hours to the dunes. It never changes over there and with so many SxS's it gets more dangerous all the time.

Sky Plant community Mountain Plant Natural landscape
Sky Plant Natural landscape Bedrock Slope
Plant Sky Natural landscape Wood Trunk
Plant Atmosphere Sky Tree Wood
Plant Tire Vehicle Wheel Car
Arthropod Insect Water Natural landscape Fluid
Water Natural environment Fluvial landforms of streams Natural landscape Spring
Water Fluvial landforms of streams Spring Bedrock Natural landscape
Plant Vertebrate Mammal Grass Fawn
Plant Plant community Ecoregion Sky Natural landscape

·
Super Moderator
9,084 Posts
That’s terrible with the fires, we are dealing with all the smoke out here from those as well. Beautiful pics!

·
Registered
‘18 700RSE
15 Posts
First ride on my first quad. I moved a while back, and my place is several miles in either direction from blacktop roads, so the Street Triple and GSXR were sitting in the garage unused. Got rid of the road rockets, and picked up a 2018 700R SE dirt rocket.A good friend with years of sport quad racing and trail riding experience took me out for a afternoon of riding some of the trails in Namadji State Forest.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
View attachment 141726 View attachment 141727 View attachment 141728 View attachment 141729 First ride on my first quad. I moved a while back, and my place is several miles in either direction from blacktop roads, so the Street Triple and GSXR were sitting in the garage unused. Got rid of the road rockets, and picked up a 2018 700R SE dirt rocket.A good friend with years of sport quad racing and trail riding experience took me out for a afternoon of riding some of the trails in Namadji State Forest.
I'm a sportbike guy too.
Pics and details on bikes please!

·
Super Moderator
9,084 Posts
At some point this year I will be able to post a ride report, lol. This has just been a bad year for me to get out to ride yet, and the window is closing fast around here. This is the first year that I can ever remember having too much other stuff going on to be able to break free.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Having fun with some friends :D

·
Registered
673 Posts
Smoke here has just been terrible. Didn't ride last weekend because it was soooooo bad and it takes a lot for me not to ride! Was better this week but still like fog most of the day. Fires keep closing down more of my area. Really makes you mad when they close it down 40+ miles away from where it burned weeks ago and has been headed the other way since. Just wish it would rain a little bit before they want to shut it all down. No rain at all in the forecast until the end of September so I fear my days may be numbered.

Sky Plant Mountain Plant community Tree
Sky Plant Plant community Mountain Slope
Plant Tire Natural landscape Wheel Tree
Plant Natural landscape Deer Wood Tree
Plant Deer Biome Grass Fawn
Plant Natural landscape Grass Groundcover Deciduous
Wheel Tire Sky Plant Mountain

·
Registered
181 Posts
Some enduro ridding with my friend
Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Super Moderator
9,084 Posts
Finally got some time to ride and post ride pics!
Plant Bonfire Tree Natural environment Wood
Automotive lighting Sky Gas Road surface Tints and shades
Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Plant Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

·
Registered
181 Posts
Water Water resources Plant Fluvial landforms of streams Natural landscape

Smooth riding

521 - 540 of 580 Posts