Raptor Forum banner
521 - 525 of 525 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Went on what I'm calling the fire ride yesterday. A small fire a few days ago is over 50,000 acres today. Shame that the forest service doesn't fight fires anymore but just "contains" them. Too many people making a living off of fires every year to put them out when they are small. Flames were hundreds of feet tall and swirling like tornadoes. Trees exploding, sounds like a train car being hooked up to a train. Watched it until it hit the edge of the little valley I was watching it from and decided it was time to leave.

DSCN8867.JPG
DSCN8882.JPG
DSCN8888.JPG
DSCN8895.JPG
DSCN8899.JPG
DSCN8900.JPG

·
Registered
536 Posts
Rear tires on the 18 are almost done already. Gonna have to spend more time on the 19 and 20. Helped out some people who got lost and spent the night in the middle of nowhere. They were lucky the fire shut down the area I would have been riding and was out where I rarely go. They were down to 1/8th of a tank and looking pretty grateful to find someone. Where they were it could have been a long wait or a longer walk. I always wonder why would you just head out into the middle of nowhere with no map and no idea of where you are going...
DSCN8908.JPG
DSCN8913.JPG
DSCN8915.JPG
DSCN8918.JPG
DSCN8921.JPG
DSCN8924.JPG
DSCN8926.JPG

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Rear tires on the 18 are almost done already. Gonna have to spend more time on the 19 and 20. Helped out some people who got lost and spent the night in the middle of nowhere. They were lucky the fire shut down the area I would have been riding and was out where I rarely go. They were down to 1/8th of a tank and looking pretty grateful to find someone. Where they were it could have been a long wait or a longer walk. I always wonder why would you just head out into the middle of nowhere with no map and no idea of where you are going... View attachment 141579 View attachment 141580 View attachment 141581 View attachment 141582 View attachment 141583 View attachment 141584 View attachment 141585
The tree with roots dangling down the cliff side is awesome. I love all the pics you post, we dont have that kind of scenery here in the midwest. Keep up the great photography work!

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
8,910 Posts
Those berries look almost ready for plucking to make jelly! We camped a week ago in Wyoming doing fishing only, and the past few days up in Red Feather Lakes area, where last falls Cameron Peak wildfire occurred. All riding areas we used To do are now closed for remediation. Crap ton of burn scars everywhere we used to camp. Had to go to an old faithful area just for greenery. Had moose mosey through camp, pretty rare in this area.

521 - 525 of 525 Posts