Raptor Forum banner
541 - 560 of 560 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Nothing like riding on Labor Day weekend :) Almost didn't go because of the smoke, it was tough today. Visibility was maybe 100 yards max. One good thing the fires have made me ride to the South, we usually don't head that way because there are hundreds of miles to ride in our regular area. Got a map for that ranger district and there are some huge loops we can do between the two areas, love riding for 10 hours and not touching the same road twice. Will look forward to it next year, sure they won't open up the area's they've closed till then.

Sky Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle
Bird Phasianidae Beak Tree Galliformes
Property Plant community Leaf Natural environment Plant
Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
176 Posts

·
Registered
4,139 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Will have to look tomorrow but I can tell you they have big lugs and howl like a pack of wolves when you drive down the road :)

·
Registered
‘18 700RSE
12 Posts
You guys really need to get out and ride more :)

Hunting seasons are open in my neck of the woods. Many trails are closed. When firearms deer season begins, in November, hours of operation for atv’s get restricted even if on your own property. I'm taking the time while my shocks are off getting re valved and re sprung, to add a few upgrades, and do scheduled maintenance.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Rode the "unknown" this week. Blm land, no maps and the roads don't show up on gps so you are on your own. I do donuts where I came from at junctions but after riding all day it gets a little questionable when it starts getting dark and your all alone miles from anywhere :)

Plant Wood Natural landscape Grass Trunk
Tire Wheel Plant Motorcycle Automotive tire
Plant Natural landscape Wood Sky Bedrock

·
Registered
255 Posts
Rode the "unknown" this week. Blm land, no maps and the roads don't show up on gps so you are on your own. I do donuts where I came from at junctions but after riding all day it gets a little questionable when it starts getting dark and your all alone miles from anywhere :)
.....I absolutely love places like this....the further off grid the better.....secretly I think I want to wind up in an episode of the X files. :D

·
Registered
636 Posts
Found the first snow of the year :( Means SxS time is getting closer. Got to check out a couple of the areas that burned this summer. The one good thing is they have redone some of the roads that were terrible before. Bummer they will be snowed out soon till next spring...

Snow Plant Twig Branch Natural landscape
Sky Cloud Wood Natural landscape Twig
Ecoregion Plant Sky Natural landscape Twig
Mountain Sky Ecoregion Natural landscape Natural environment
Sky Plant community Nature Plant Wood
Sky Mountain Plant Plant community Ecoregion
Sky Plant community Natural environment Mountain Larch
Sky Atmosphere Larch Natural landscape Slope
Plant Plant community Ecoregion Vehicle Natural landscape

·
Super Moderator
9,028 Posts
Pretty amazing what kind of damage a forest fire does. We have ridden in a few areas that were burned out and it just floors me the damage done so quickly,

·
Registered
176 Posts
Reactions: sandman89
541 - 560 of 560 Posts