Raptor Forum banner
561 - 580 of 580 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Well it poured here Friday and Saturday so decided to go buy something that will be a little more user friendly when it's pouring. The SxS's work good when the weather gets bad but you still get a little wet when it pours. Had bought a Jeep a couple of years ago for this purpose but I got such a good deal on it and was just too nice to scuff up. Made some good money when I sold it so I figured this time I would buy something cheap enough I would actually use it. Picked up this Explorer that had been sitting for a few years for $400 and spent the weekend getting it running and fixing brakes, bearings, sensors and a bunch of other little things. Still have a couple of things left to do but it is driveable now and will be in it about $800 when everything is finished. Should be able to scratch it up a little for that kind of money. Did have to buff it out. Know it's silly before it's all fixed but just like my stuff to look nice :) Also gives me a little more motivation to want to finish it.
Wheel Automotive parking light Car Automotive side marker light Tire
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Automotive side marker light Vehicle

·
Super Moderator
9,084 Posts
came out looking pretty good after the buffing for sure. Makes for a good warm inside exploring toy.

·
Registered
‘18 700RSE
15 Posts
You should of kept the Jeep…
I had the previous misfortune to own one of those vintage of Ford explorer’s when it was only 3 years old. Biggest pos I ever owned with a Ford emblem on it, and I’ve owned a lot of Fords. In 60,000 miles it had 2 transmission failures, and the electronic shift system that was supposed to activate the 4 wheel drive rarely actually did. That winch may get a lot of use.

·
Registered
673 Posts
I think you're looking at this all wrong. I'll throw my mountain bike in the back when I go since it has plenty of room. So if it breaks down it will be become a bike ride. Maybe also a sleeping bag so I can fold down the back seats and make it into a camping adventure. I see nothing but positives about it ;) I'm sure sooner or later the S&R guys will find me well rested and in great physical shape from all the bike riding I'll be doing! See nothing but positives :)

·
Super Moderator
9,084 Posts
You dirty dog you....

• Haha
Reactions: Sixpack577

·
Super Moderator
9,084 Posts
Doggo cracks me up, pointing the way…

Reactions: sandman89
561 - 580 of 580 Posts