Raptor Forum banner
621 - 632 of 632 Posts

·
Administrator
9,460 Posts
I can hear the sounds of those pics, great ones Sandman!

Reactions: Aluminum_Owl

·
Registered
891 Posts
Raptorman could you answer a question for me. I always wonder why people go to Windy Bay when Spinreel is only about 10 minutes away. The area there is about 100 times larger and you can ride on the beach. Is it because it is familiar? Great pics.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Raptorman could you answer a question for me. I always wonder why people go to Windy Bay when Spinreel is only about 10 minutes away. The area there is about 100 times larger and you can ride on the beach. Is it because it is familiar? Great pics.
For 4 xmas seasons i would go to spinreel for 10 days and everything you say is true. But at Winchester Bay i was ridding great UNTRACKED chutes at the angle of repose all week. Its just bigger dunes,. Second the beach at spinreel is kind of narrow against the sand cliffs and does not make the best beach to chill at with the bikes going up and down it. The beach next to half moon bay campground is way better those activites.
Third, it is in the middle. 30min from Hauser dunes and about the same to Florence makes it much easier to do a day trip to the other dune fields.
Finally crowds, even at xmas sometimes spinreel is a little crowded feeling, past banshee hill i was really suprised how few people i encountered. Just my two cents,
*one of my favorite rides, is start at box car hill and make your way north to the edge of the county park (i cant rememer the name) and then make our way back south along the beach.

·
Administrator
9,460 Posts
Awesome pic of the owl. A few years back we had one land in our back yard. Wife was fortunate enough to see it and get a pic of it. Thing was huge.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Was so hot this weekend and the water is still so cold :) Sorry about the small selection of pics, my camera is taking 95% blurry pics, but luckily I should be able to send it back this week and hopefully get it totally fixed. Is it "falling" or "felling"...

Sky Plant Flower Natural landscape Tree
Plant community Plant Ecoregion Natural landscape Motor vehicle
Plant community Plant Natural landscape Grass Slope
Sky Mountain Plant Plant community Larch

621 - 632 of 632 Posts