Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
my friend he found a used house oven and he took the racks and shit out of it and he just bys the powder and the conductor wire and some hangers and he does all his own shit for a fraction of the cost of professonal pwdercoaters and it looks nice too :thumbsup:

·
Registered
261 Posts
Landshark, I have a old range & extra air compressor that will work get the kit and lets give it a try. Will try your parts first though :lol:

The only thing that sucks is swingarms wont fit in a range.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I've had an oven for over a year just for that purpose, one of the old double decker type. :thumbsup: Now I just need my garage built so I can use it :unsure:

·
VIP AKA Corn Dog
1,855 Posts
How does it hold up is my question? I have seen some powder coating stuff at Harbor Freight before, but I was worried about quality.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Eastwood generally has good stuff.
Harbor Freight has China junk.
I'd expect the Eastwood powdercaot to be as good or better than OEM, since OEM stuff just has to look good in the showroom. After that, it's the customer's problem.

·
Registered
902 Posts
One of my buds has this and got a cheap larger toaster oven. . . works good. . .

The chrome looks good. . . doesn't have quite the shine of chrome but, for engine mounts, foot-pegs, etc. . . works great!

Anyone find a blue that matches the SE2 Blue?

·
Registered
63 Posts
DuneMe said:
Anyone find a blue that matches the SE2 Blue?
Yes, dual stage powdercoat, first stage silver, second stage translucent candy blue, my nerfs turned out very very close

·
Registered
270 Posts
I guess I will take my Easy Bake Oven out of storage. :lol:

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
my kids got the new one for boys calld queezey bake oven. they made dog food and all kinds of nasty sounding stuff out of sugar and little mixes. i thought it was funny. it got trashed a long time ago :lol:

·
Registered
579 Posts
Some of those powder coat colors look pimpin. :pimp: I might just have to get one of those powder coat systems. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have a craftsman powder coater that I am looking to sell. If anyone is interested PM me

·
Registered
478 Posts
Glad this topic got brought up. I was looking at kits online yesterday. Dont know which one to buy yet but would definitely be nice to have. I know eastwood makes good stuff and craftsman is usually at least good enough and better than a lot on most things.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Sure it looks easy... Pro's are demonstrating it...lol
I'll pay the extra few buck's to avoid the hassel and mess. I have a good friend that does custom airbrushing and graphics on just about anything. Long story short knowing the industry he got a kick out of it. If you can pull it off let it rip and make some dough!!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Dont get me wrong, I dont know that I would try to do anything more than brackets, levers, things like that. Not even wanting to make money or even really save money. Just that powdercoat is much more duarable, assuming you know how to prep something correctly. Be nice to do it when at 10 pm you have to make up a bracket or are getting ready to put your levers or pegs back on you decide to make them look nice while they are off. When ever I am reassembling anything I always try to make it nice before it goes back on, I mean you might as well while it is off instead of messing with it later. Just nicer option as opposed to hitting it with a rattle can.
But I am with you. Leave the stuff that matters to the guys that know what they are doing. Unless it is yours and you just want to say " I did it myself", which is the route I like to go. I love it when my buddies that take everything to the shop to get done and they look at my bike and say "who did that"? I did

1 - 20 of 24 Posts