Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can u powder coat ur exhaust pipes being they get so hot and if so how does it hold up to the heat

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
I don't think if would stay. You would basically bake/burn it off. You can though p.c. the exhaust cans. That's what my Barkers have.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Yeah you can. I did some headers on a LS1 Camaro of mine and they are still holding strong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
did yall do the high temp pc or just reg or ceramic

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Ceramic would work, I never saw p.c. on head pipes. I learn something everyday

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ive seen em done on cars but not a raptor but the other day I seen a set of barkers all black headers and all and it looked good so I wanna get mine done just don't know where or wat to use

·
Registered
417 Posts
I will have to see what they used. I took them to a company and they did them for me and said it would hold up under extreme temps. I had them glowing red once and they still look good.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will have to see what they used. I took them to a company and they did them for me and said it would hold up under extreme temps. I had them glowing red once and they still look good.

ok thanks bud and yeah I figured it would have to be high heat or something I wonder if I could get high temp spray paint and sand them down and try that and get the cans pc

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
has anyone tested to see what degree the header got to

·
Coal Climber
296 Posts
Rattle can is not going to hold up.. I would ceramic coat them as it helps exhaust flow. But that might more coin than your willing to spend as you want to rattle can them..

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
(rattle can lol) was just a thought I don't like spray painting anything unless I have to but there aint nobody around here that does the ceramic coating but I got a buddy gonna check around for me they say it will also help keep the heat down to

·
Registered
610 Posts
They run a Ad on Ebay for ceramic coating, It costs around $80 to $90 to do it. The stores name onEbay is Honda6029, You ship them your exhaust they ceramic coat it and send it back.

·
Registered
610 Posts
They also offer powdercoating pretty cheap, For a swinger its around $50 bucks.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok I will check that out

·
Registered
53 Posts
has anyone tested to see what degree the header got to

My little fluke IR thermometer showed between 800-850 Fahrenheit. That was after the engine was warmed up and fan kicked on. I'll try to get them red tonight and test it again but I'm not sure what the max temp reading is of the fluke.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My little fluke IR thermometer showed between 800-850 Fahrenheit. That was after the engine was warmed up and fan kicked on. I'll try to get them red tonight and test it again but I'm not sure what the max temp reading is of the fluke.
ok thanks bud let me know when u do it

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
They run a Ad on Ebay for ceramic coating, It costs around $80 to $90 to do it. The stores name onEbay is Honda6029, You ship them your exhaust they ceramic coat it and send it back.
have you had anything done by them and what could you do if you got screwed like him keeping the exhaust

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,252 Posts
Check into cerakote, Its used a lot for firearm finishes.

They have high temp stuff I believe, and I know they do a lot of header pipes and stuff like that. stuff is awesome.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts