Raptor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am powder coating the clutch and flywheel cover on the gf's motor. Problem is the guy that does all my pc work doesnt usually do motor parts so he gave me the high heat tape and let me do the 'prep' work...

Question is, on the flywheel cover:

There is 2 rubber o rings on the back of the cover... they seem to be a real pain in the ass to remove... whats the normal process for this? Will the rubber melt under pc heat? (Im sure it will right??)

Just tear them off and order new ones? Im not sure I can even get to the larger o ring...

I had my covers done a few years ago, but I lost that connection and have this new guy doing my work for a very good price so would like to stay with him... I didnt replace the o rings on them last time... is it possible the old place took the o rings off and reinstalled after pc?

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
That's the clutch cover in the pic, The O ring is the oil check valve I believe. You can get new ones from a dealer..
Do you have the factory service manual or a Clymer ? It should tell you about them.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Nate, I'm looking at doing this as well. Did the coat from CT hold upalright on your case covers ?

I was in there a couple weeks ago and talked to the guy who did the PC on your stuff (my hookup is still not working there :banghead:) and he's still doing work there.

I was pretty impressed witht he work he did on yours, so I've been considering having him do the same to mine... but CT's a bit expensive (ecpecially without a hookup :lol: ).

I'm going this weekend to go talk to Forever PC in Tumwater by the airport (on recommendation) to check them out, will get back at you and let you know what I hear from them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts