Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I was thinking of getting a set of Monster pipes and ordering them with the header pipes coated black. My concern is will the powder coat on the header pipes withstand the heat from the Raptor's exhaust. If the powdercoat will not hold up I guess ceramic coating might, but how does one fit the header pipes back together with ceramic on them when they normally fit "tight" as a rubber glove? Thanks for your input. :)

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
The Sparks that came on my 700 was ceramic coated. It would not come apart when it was on the quad. I pulled so had on the can the rivets came apart holding the can. had to pull the motor out(Was pulling it anyway) just so I could put the exhaust in a vice to hold it. Even then I bet I worked at it a hour to get them apart. I cleaned off the coating before I put it back together and I think that will help for sure.

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
Monsters will come ceramic coated not powder coated. You should have no issues with their ceramic. I have the very first ceramic coated pipe by Monster done a couple years ago on my YFZ450 and it still looks great.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Ceramic holds up really well. Hell, I've hit cermic headers with a hammer before many times without much more than a scratch. I know it seems counter-intuitive, but it's seriously durable as hell.

and +1, they only ceramic coat the headers- the cans will be powder

1 - 6 of 6 Posts