Raptor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Average what does it cost in the States to do a Powdercoating on the frame?
No Subframe
2 Coats + SandBlasting = $350-$400 where i am at...
Just wanna Compare some prices see if i Am OverPaying...

·
Its all about the trophy!
2,507 Posts
I was just quoted a little over $500 to do frame,subframe,steering stem (upper and lower) engine mounts, ft. spindles, brake caliper, and axle carrier. That is three different coats to get the color, metal flake clear and a final coat of clear, plus the blasting of everything.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Remember this: you get what u pay for so dont skim on the price. If some company quotes you for $150 well there is a reason for that and i am not saying go with the most expensive one either. Check out all your options first.

·
Registered
559 Posts
A couple of years ago I paid $475.00 to have the frame, sub frame, and swing arm sand blasted and powdercoated a candy red ( which is two coats one silver then the red) it didnt last even last the first ride before it started flaking off, if you looked at it wrong it would flake off.
This year I went to a different shop and had another frame, sub frame, and swing arm sand blasted and powdercoated tango red ( which is two coats one silver then the red) and it only cost me $300.00 and it still looks great.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
soo Basically Hit or miss huh?
but $400 Seems about right then i guess
we will have to see if he will budge a bit

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah problem is there is only one place inside 5 hours that does powdercoating where i live that or i pay a butt load in shipping costs to go elsewhere :(

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Where do you live? I can think of 3 places here in town that powdercoat and i work at one of them.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fort St john :lol:
British Columbia :lol:
Canada :lol:

anywhere you thinkin of close to me :lol: I Am A Minimum 625 miles from the USA Border On the West Coast/Washington state i think :lol:

·
Registered
300 Posts
I just paid 260.00 for my frame and subframe. I did get a good deal becuase I used to work there. But it would have cost around 350.00 for the candy color I got.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I paid $30 for sandblasting, and $60 for one stage pc. I had my stuff done by a company that makes lawnmowers that will take on powder coating jobs on the side. $60 will get you a one stage coat with one of their on hand powders. If u want to a color they don't have they will charge u $40 for oven/prep time and then what ever the cost of powder is. They are out of Augusta, kansas.

http://www.zippermowers.com

$400, for a sand rail frame also.... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
use some one who works mainstream commercial, with quality in mind to keep the business I'm sure they would do a good job. I noticed a lot of the better places have good references and take pictures for you to see. A lot of pictures.
RT

1 - 12 of 12 Posts