Raptor Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i got my power comander and pro design intake last friday and i have been fighting to get it to run richer and i cant do it. i was runing the map that can be found in the (pro design intake air box lid off k&n filter muffler core removed) http://www.raptorforum.com/index.php?topic=15539.0 page and after 15 min of riding i checked my plugs and they where as white as can be so i added 2% to the hole map and same result. i then tryed 4% with 15 min of riding agen and still lean. then just to see if my power comander was working i made a map with 30 on every number and after 10 min if riding i can even tell if it got darker, and if it did its such a lil change its hard to see. so im thinking that maby i got a defective power comander? or em i not checking the plugs right? wot then shut the engine off cost to a stop (with the clutch in) and pull the plug. im runing shell 91 octane (the most octane i can get where i live) so if you guys know a way of checking to see if my comander works PLZ post and if you think im just runing the wrong map or something plz tell me. im so lost because im the only persone i know with a raptor 700 so im on my own.

thnx for your time and sorry for the long post

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Lets see

First

Turn your key on while watchin the PC lll. A little green light should run up and down the scale before shuting off.

Next

Hook it up to your computer and hit get map and make sure the right map is actually loaded.

Then

Check all your connections real good again.

If none of that helps maybe someone else can think of something :thumbsup:

G

·
try the PC website - they have a map for your setup. Just curious - save the map you have and compare it to the one on the PC site...
I'm a bit curious...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey the green light on the power comander works and the right map is in the power comander. i checked the power comander website and they dont have a map for the prodesign intake with stock exaust like i have (sorry didnt say it was stock). so im still stumped but tomorow ill try playing with the conections and runing it longer. other then that i really dont know what to do other then try to get a new power comander from the store i got it from and try that one. if anyone thinks that they know what im doing wrong PLZ help!!!

thnx for your time

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
does the computer say map loaded corrdtly? you have a 9v battery plugged in?

·
Registered
147 Posts
REMEMBER WHEN YOU CHECK PLUGS THAT DONT HAVE ALOT OF TIME ON THEM YOU NEED TO LOOK INSIDE THE THREADS AND SEE IF YOU HAVE A SMOKE RING AND WHAT COLOR SOME TIMES YOU NEED TO CUT THE THREADS OFF TO SEE YOU LOSE THE PLUG BUT YOU CAN SEE WHAT IS GOING ON

·
Registered
241 Posts
I think maybe one of your leads may of come loose i had a real bugger of a time getting the original injector lead to plug into the commander harness it goes in allright but pulls straight back out make sure you have push it in far enough that it doesnt just pull out of the socket .There is a clip on the side which is meant to lock it in and stop this from happening but im only guessing .

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
You could also try some of the slip-on maps and see if they work any better.

Like sanbullet said its hard to read a new plug, todays gas burns alot cleaner so its hard to tell just from the electrode.

How did it run with map?

Did you have alot of backfiring or sputtering?

·
Registered
390 Posts
I wouldn't try to tune by reading the plug.
1) You need a bunch of brand new spark plugs.
2) Its only going to read what the last throttle and load setting you were at before killing the power.
3) The clean burn fuels dont show up on the plugs.

If you are that worried about the mixture, either take it to a dyno, or get a jet4power or something similar to actually monitor a/f ratio.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Hey Grenade, I just emailed you a map that I have for the same setup. Mine ran perfect on it. Compare it to yours or run it and see if it makes a difference and if not then you can start looking at other places, connections, ect...

·
VIP AKA Corn Dog
1,855 Posts
Call tech support at DynoJet. Those guys are great. They can give you a lot of help, before you go ripping it out and wasting a bunch of time installing a new one only to find out you have the same problem.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hey guys thnx for all the help. iv tryed allot off maps including the one you pmed me yellowisthefastest. iv also tryed the number 3 map and two more maps with slip on and iv always had the same result and its way to rich. im gona go out and buy a bunch of plugs and ill also go get some othere fuel because iv been runing shell v power and they clame it runs cleaner and i dont want that right now lol. ill check all my connections agen and give the tech line a call. wish me luck because im not give up on the quad because its got 2 options and there run good or die and get borred out.

thnx for everyones time and advice

·
Registered
241 Posts
grenade6 said:
hey guys thnx for all the help. iv tryed allot off maps including the one you pmed me yellowisthefastest. iv also tryed the number 3 map and two more maps with slip on and iv always had the same result and its way to rich. im gona go out and buy a bunch of plugs and ill also go get some othere fuel because iv been runing shell v power and they clame it runs cleaner and i dont want that right now lol. ill check all my connections agen and give the tech line a call. wish me luck because im not give up on the quad because its got 2 options and there run good or die and get borred out.

thnx for everyones time and advice
Hey in your original post you said it was to lean so you tried to rich it up , now you say its too rich , have you just adjusted past the sweet spot , if so your commander is working fine and you may want to get a new plug and try again or go to a dyno centre its worth every cent .

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
oops sorry i ment to lean i havent been able to get to darker thehn white on the plug but im gona work on it tonight.

·
VIP AKA Corn Dog
1,855 Posts
Have you tried putting the lid back on and seeing how that runs? That way you will cut the excess air off and maybe richen it up until you can get a pipe. Worth a try, and it doesn't cost anything.

·
Registered
241 Posts
also just check you have the air hose clamped on the new adapter properly and the filter is still on .Could be sucking in too much air from somewhere

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hey guys i finaly got some color on my plug today so i now know my power comander is working. for some reason the maps that you guys have is runing way to lean for my bike. so i made one thats about 5% richer then the one i found on the map page in this forum and it just barely has some light brown on it. so till i get my barker duels ( ordered them last week) ill just richen it up and ride it like i stole it. does anyone know if there is a atv dony around toronto ontario? and if not where is the closest one?

thnx fr your time

1 - 19 of 19 Posts