Raptor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, I'm new here and I want to say this is a really cool site with lots of good info. I just got a new 700 a couple weeks ago and I love it. I got a new air filter setup, new exhaust, and a power commander unit. My problem is I can't find a fuel map on their website for my setup. I got a DMC afterburner quiet 4 exhaust and a GYTR filter. I'm waiting to put anything on until I put the PC on, but it's frustrating looking at those parts just sitting there. Is there another exhaust that I would be able to use the map for, or are they that different? Or is there anywhere else I can download a map other than their website? Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
91 Posts
all you have to do is go to power commander website.and tell them what mods you have and they will tell you what map to use.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right, I did that but my setup isn't listed. My question is can I use one of the existing maps for a different exhaust or do I need to tune it myself?

·
Registered
163 Posts
it may be possible that a map for a different setup will be a close match to what might work for you... you can manually tweak any existing map to your preference..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right on, I'll try that. So with the PC unit, do I use it to see how rich/lean the mixture is and at what level on the little guage is optimal? Do I try to keep it in the middle? And also, does anyone have any idea which map I should I start with? My exhaust and intake are listed above. Thanks for the help. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
91 Posts
ACTUALLY YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO TWEAK THE PCIII AT THE UNIT NOT BY PC. THE METER IS YOUR THROTTLE INDICATOR. AND WHEN YOU MANUALLY ADJUST THE THROTTLE INDICATOR IS ACTUALLY A METER FOR RICHNESS AND LEANNESS. IT IS TRIAL AND ERROR TO TUNE MANUALLY.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
DOMMIE said:
ACTUALLY YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO TWEAK THE PCIII AT THE UNIT NOT BY PC. THE METER IS YOUR THROTTLE INDICATOR. AND WHEN YOU MANUALLY ADJUST THE THROTTLE INDICATOR IS ACTUALLY A METER FOR RICHNESS AND LEANNESS. IT IS TRIAL AND ERROR TO TUNE MANUALLY.
you can "fine tune" better if you do it on the computer. the buttons of the face are for ranges (low, mid, high). The computer you can pick a specific spot or a whole range. You can also "see" what you are doing and compare it to what you had.
I recomend doing it on the computer.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I didnt know that you can do it on the computer. very cool thanks boom.

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
Super simple on the PC or laptop once you get a map that's close you can pull it up and highlight the cell or colum of cells at the desired throttle positon like for example 100% highlite that colum and hit page up to fatten it up 2% each time you hit the page up key it changes it 2% more. Page down will lean it the same way at 2% increments.

·
Registered
91 Posts
cool how do you know when it is dialed in?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So basically you just use the computer to adjust and the unit to guage? That's cool you can adjust by throttle position so you don't necessarily have to adjust each individual cell, if I'm reading that right. So should I just start with any single exhaust and GYTR intake and go from there?

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
genesis96 said:
So basically you just use the computer to adjust and the unit to guage? That's cool you can adjust by throttle position so you don't necessarily have to adjust each individual cell, if I'm reading that right. So should I just start with any single exhaust and GYTR intake and go from there?

Theres no gauge unless you on the dyno or you own a wideband sensor to monitor A/F ratio. You are just making changes based on plug readings and seat of the pants feel.
I have had pretty good success with this but still picked up 2 RWHP and 3 FT LBS of TQ when I took it to the dyno and utilized the Dyno Jet tuning link software for the best over HP and TQ curve over and above what I had with my AZZ dyno and plug reading and tuning changes I had made to the orig. Map I started with.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts