Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I AM LOOKING INTO AN EFI CONTROLLER. ARE THERE ANY DIFFERENCES IN PERFORMANCE IN THE TWO DIFFERENT CONTROLLERS? DO EITHER ONE ANN ANY STOCK H.P?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
There is a ton of info on here if you look around..........the PCIII is hands down better.
They will both increase even the stock power, and the stock mapping is lean

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
what are your future plans for mods, if staying basic the big 3 the dobeck will work fine, if plan on doing more get the pc3 or the new Radrap controller

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sikraptor700 said:
what are your future plans for mods, if staying basic the big 3 the dobeck will work fine, if plan on doing more get the pc3 or the new Radrap controller
I AM LOOKING TO GET AN INTAKE AND PIPE. I RIDE MOSTLY RIDE STRIP MINES AND WOODS. LOTTA WATER...

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ARE THEY BOTH EASY TO INSTALL? AND ARE THEY EASY TO FINE TUNE?

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Well said:
Budget - Dobeck

Now for fine tune - PCIII

I recommend the PCIII over the Dobeck, I have seen too many people buy the Dobeck then turn around and get the PCIII. The PCIII is far superior for fine tuning, 250rpm intervals.
You should do a search and read all the information on the forum, this question has been answered a dozen times.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
THANK YOU VERY MUCH.I WILL PROB. GET PCIII

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I hate stearing people toward those cheaper controllers. yeah...they may work...but they are not nearly the same. There is so much more adjustability and features on the pcIII. At the end of the day you get what you pay for, as the PCIII is hands down superior. I am one that "does it right the first time".
For $259 from fuel moto, its not that much more than the other units.....and you will beable to upgrade to the power commmander ignition module.
Even if your only going to do the 3 mods the PCIII is more user friendly and you will beable to fine tune it better. Its so nice just bringing it up on the computer and having it before your eyes instead of messing with 3 buttons onthe face of the unit...and hopefully you did it right.
I say if your ona budget....save longer and get the PCIII

...........just like "pile0g00" said....you see a lot of people end up swithcing over to the PCIII. They have spent a lot more money then if you just did it right the first time and bought the PCIII to start out with

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Good response, but I also feel bad to push everyone to the PCIII, when most people will never use it, they will just download the map and ride. There is nothing wrong with the dobeck and I have raced guys with it and won some and lost some, the dobeck gets the job done fine.

I might end up switching to the new radrap controller, I think its even better then the PCIII

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I TRIED LOOKING UP THAT RADCAP CONTROLLER BUT I CANNOT FIND ANYTHING ON IT.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Granted....I know nothing about this radrap...and I could be completely wrong....but I dont think i will be spending money on someones new design, that has little to no name and is also not a proven design.
Dynojet/power commander has been in this game for a LONG time. Street bikes have been fuel injected for a long time now and they have a lot more comlex fuel injection sytems than we do. Power commander seems to be the leading brand in the street bike arena...and have to kind of assume they know what they are doing.
I also like that they have pre-made maps ready to go, that in most cases run very good. Elevation plays a key role in that...especially with our non-complex FI system we have on our quads.
Maybe this guys stuff will end up being the king $hit....who knows.....all I know is that dyno jets power commander has been around....has been widely used...and they have extensive knowledge on the subject!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I JUST CALLED FUELMOTO. SPOKE W/ JAMIE AND I AM GOING TO BUY A POWER COMMANDER. PROB NEXT WEEK

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Jamie hooked me up at fuel moto.....good guy :thumbsup:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ONE MORE QUESTION IS THE PC III MANUALLY ADJUSTABLE EVEN WHAN YOU HAVE IT MAPPED?

·
Registered
610 Posts
I guess I look at easy to fine tune just the opposite. I think the Dobeck is easier to fine tune, at least from what I've read. Sure, you see people asking for help tuning in their Dobecks, but it can be adjusted and test rode right then and there. If you're out on a trail and something seems amiss, just pull out your little screwdriver. Maybe it's because more people have PCIII's, but you see new posts every week asking for new maps or the one they sent me isn't working right and responses like, hook the unit up to your pc and lean this out 2%, or was the USB cable plugged in all the way, try downloading the map again....
I think the PCIII is a more diverse and precise unit, more hi-tech, which should make it a better unit, but I think the Dobeck is a simpler unit and just as effective to the average rider with average mods. I didn't price compare when I got mine, I bought what I thought would suit my needs and be more "hands on" tuning.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
pacanis said:
I guess I look at easy to fine tune just the opposite. I think the Dobeck is easier to fine tune, at least from what I've read. Sure, you see people asking for help tuning in their Dobecks, but it can be adjusted and test rode right then and there. If you're out on a trail and something seems amiss, just pull out your little screwdriver. Maybe it's because more people have PCIII's, but you see new posts every week asking for new maps or the one they sent me isn't working right and responses like, hook the unit up to your pc and lean this out 2%, or was the USB cable plugged in all the way, try downloading the map again....
I think the PCIII is a more diverse and precise unit, more hi-tech, which should make it a better unit, but I think the Dobeck is a simpler unit and just as effective to the average rider with average mods. I didn't price compare when I got mine, I bought what I thought would suit my needs and be more "hands on" tuning.

Well, everything you are desribing can be adjusted on the fly too with the PCIII. its super easy...and when I was saying the pcIII is easier to program.....I was meaning fine tune. Its right there on the computer screen and you can watch it change. You can make precise changes rather then big chunks in a generic area of the power band.
People ask a ton of questions because ONE, they dont want to read, or search. TWO, they dont want to play around with it, and THREE they think that they can get there quad to run even better.

"DOMMIE "........hope this also kind of answers your question, that yes, the pcIII has manuel adjustment buttons on the face of it too.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
135boom said:
...and you will beable to upgrade to the power commmander ignition module...
It also has other add ons.
Quick shifter - Kills the gas so you can shift up without the clutch
LCD Screen - So you can tune on the go and store alt. maps to upload
Well I thought there was more when I started to type this... :3question: :banghead:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts