Raptor Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much of a difference in performance is it if you purchase the auto tune or not ? Is there really a big difference in horsepower or is it something you really don't need. Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
179 Posts
When my raptor was only big 3 , I've race my friend's raptor with the same mod and won on drag races with 3-4 bike lenght. Next we download my auto-tune map in is pc and drag race where equal. Next weekend, still had 3-4 bike lenght in a drag race, download my new autotune map in his bike and races where equal ... So , by experience Auto-tune is always running better on the field !!!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Expensive wide band meter.

·
Registered
179 Posts
You'll never run in the same condition you dyno tuned it. Here in Quebec , weather change too much. I would need a dyno tune every weekend to be as good as the autotune!

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
The autotune is great for people who do not have access to a dyno, but there is no replacement for a proper tune on a dyno.

·
Registered
46 Posts
+1... the auto tune does not tune to maximum hp..a dyno does...and the bike is efi so once the dyno has tuned the bike it will adjust its self properly..as long as ur not making massive elevation changes...dyno is best
your only gunna see 2 to 5 hp diffrence on average with a dyno session vs auto tune but your guna lose the extra hp when the weather conditions change from when it was dyno tuned.......

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
your only gunna see 2 to 5 hp diffrence on average with a dyno session vs auto tune but your guna lose the extra hp when the weather conditions change from when it was dyno tuned.......
2 to 5 HP is huge.......and no, you are not gona have that big of a HP swing due to weather change.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Weather here can go from -22 F with 0% humidity to 86 F with 100% humidity... That's a HUGE swing. And the raptor doesn't compensate for humidity as it's only able to capture temp and pressure. That's 11 hp jump from one situation to the other on a 60 hp bike.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Even though you're discussing our competitor, I feel I can weigh in here since (1) we invented the self-tuning module, and (2) we'll probably both benefit from my response anyhow.

With a self-tuning module you are able to immediately account for fuel type, performance modifications (esp. exhaust), atmospheric conditions, and even engine wear.

In contrast, with a dyno tune you are only getting a one-time tune. Any of those variables change and you technically are no-longer tuned.

However, you need to know what AFR your bike runs best at. And the only way to truly find that is with a dyno tune. Therefore, the very best performance tune is going to be a base dyno map for your set up and then using a self-tuning module.

The difference between Bazzaz and our competitor's: Ours is not closed-loop. We feel the closed-loop is too much of a reactive method. We prefer to log the data on a test run, view the suggested changes, and apply them to a new map that the bike can access in a more immediate manner. Both systems are an improvement, but having developed ours on the Superbike track for years before release, we are confident we have the better way of going about it. You can also set multiple-target AFR's with the Bazzaz system and we have a faster data processor.

Hope that info helps.

·
Registered
46 Posts
2 to 5 HP is huge .......and no, you are not gona have that big of a HP swing due to weather change.
2 hp on a stock bike and 5 hp on a modded bike is not very noticable....ive been dyno tuning street cars and full race cars for 12 years now....in my experience count for a 15% drop in hp and 18% drop in torq when the relative humidity raises 30%.....now i can only speek from experience not what someone told me!!!! and not to mention barrometric pressure and ambient tempature...pm me ill dumb it down a lil

·
Registered
191 Posts
Being a piggy back style efi controller does the power commander or MSD efi controller still allow the stock efi to adjust for elevation ect.
As far as I understood all a piggy back controller did was work with the stock ecu and trick it in to letting more fuel in at certain points in the rev range.

·
Registered
68 Posts
One of the benefits of EFI is that it will compensate for weather and altitude changes. Some models will do a better job of this than others depending on their setup so just because it is cold one day and warm another may not mean you need a new map.

Example, we sponsor a Pikes Peak team. We took their Ducati and mapped it in our dyno truck in Las Vegas. We are at 2200ft and the temp that day was around 105F. We then drove up Mt Charleston with the truck where we got to 8600ft and the temp dropped about 20 degrees. We ran the bike in the truck and found the AFR had changed around .2 of an AFR which is very minimal. That shows this bike compensates very well.

Now if your bike does NOT compensate well the Auto tune can be a big benefit. The reason we made our unit react in real time is just for this reason. If you are riding up in elevation do you want to have to stop every 1000ft of elevation gain, whip out your computer and accept the changes?? Probably not, so ours will adjust as necessary while you ride.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts