Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a yamaha raptor 700r 2008 model. I have a power commander v on it but I believe I install the wrong map. When I crank it it runs for maybe a min and cut of until I press the gas and black smoke comes out. Then when I drive it the exhaust pops when I let off the throttle or deceleration. I believe it runs to rich just trying to see what map I can install on it . I have a slip on dg pipe with the factory air box with lid on my quad.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Go to Dynojets website. They have a ton of maps for basic mod bikes and they are all free. You really should take your air box lid off too and use a good filter. That combined with your PCV and exhaust will unleash an extra 10hp.

BTW -
What tune are you running now? Where did you get it from?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Go to Dynojets website. They have a ton of maps for basic mod bikes and they are all free. You really should take your air box lid off too and use a good filter. That combined with your PCV and exhaust will unleash an extra 10hp.

BTW -
What tune are you running now? Where did you get it from?
Got it from the dyno jet website they said any map will work so I chose the jardine slip on exhaust map with stock air and lid on

·
Registered
711 Posts
Ok, that map should be fine then. What is the condition of your spark plug and what code/heat range?

A good way to narrow down your issues is to start with a fresh plug. An NGK CR8E or equivalent would be a good choice. Start your bike with the old plug, let it warm up for 5 min and then swap out for the new plug. Ride it around at a constant RPM for a few min and then pull the plug to inspect.

·
Registered
711 Posts
BTW - I should have asked first, is your bike only having issues on start up and shortly after?

Like, if you ride the bike for 10 min will it run fine then?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BTW - I should have asked first, is your bike only having issues on start up and shortly after?

Yes it run good after start up I just have to keep throttle slightly open to keep it crunk. I will replace to throttle body boot soon to see if I may have a leak there

·
Registered
711 Posts
Before I changed tunes on my bike it would die on start up too. Usually just once. Too much fuel. It was a tune from Dynojet website too.
You need to understand that these Raptors run rich on startup to help the engine warm up. Remember the ‘choke’ or carbed bikes? This is the equivalent for fuel injected bikes.

If you don’t let the bike warm up first and you try to drive it, it will sputter and have a hard time. You’ll also foul the plug.

If she runs fine after it’s warmed up then you’re good to go.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts