Raptor Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello
i hope someone can help me out here. i just got my gytr muffler and air filter plus adapter.
i installed everything.
i tried to upload the file for these mods to the power commander, its not working.
it pulls up serial.
everynow and then it brings up rpm, and then goes back to "---"
when i try to send map it says "send failed, problem sending to power commander.

I bought a 9v battery, and iam getting hte same msg.

i tried to reset it
"error retrieving powercommander map"

any ideas anyone?

btw, just to add, my bike wont even run properly.. wont idle at all..

·
Registered
899 Posts
I dont have a PCIII but I have read that the USB cable takes more force than one would think to plug in you might try to shove hard on it

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i tried ol that already. doesnt help..
it gets the serial number.
and if i pull the cable out it shows no power commander connected.
i plug it in, and the msg goes away. sometimes the serial comes up. but not always.
sat symptoms with a9v battery

·
Registered
665 Posts
hey bro, i had the same issues but it was a while ago, and all i remember is i plugged in the pc 3 to my puter and played with it for a while and it finally sent the map, not sure waht exactly i did but i did hook the 9 volt also , i just kept fukkin with it and it finally sent the map to the device im sure u will nail it if u keep playin with it

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am really upset, cause i installed mine last night and I have to hold my USB cable in a certain position on the commander for it to recongnize.this makes it extremely hard to program in real time. I am calling fuel moto tom. Also i have tried three different usb cables too.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:mad:
i tried 3 diffrent usb cables also.
2 laptops
9volt battery
indoors, for warmer temp
sometimes it seems like when i play with the cable, it brings up rpm and serial just for an instant..
when i try to send map, it fails...
i hope i dont have to resort to having to remove my mods.

my map ont here right now is for air box lid removed, and park arrester removed.
i now installed slip on gytr pipe and gytr intake kit.

bike runs like crap..

do u think if i remove the power commander maybe itl atleast run?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I had the same problem when I received my PCIII.

Your USB cable just isnt plugged in far enough. It takes a lot more force to fully insert the connector into the PCIII than you would expect. Hell, I thought I was going to break mine but it finally snapped (actually made a 'click') into the connector properly and has been fine since. It actually seems much easier to plug in now but that could due to the fact that I know the needed force to get it to seat fully.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mine is all the way in.
if i pull the cable out it shows no power commander connected.

i had it come on the display zeros for rpm etc.

tried to send map.
was sending. and the "cannot read from device"

this is insane..To me it looks like the software is resetting the pc3 everytime it tries to send the map..

Does anyone have an older version of the software, maybe ill try that and see if it might work..

but 100% cable is plugged in all the way

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
Humor me here as this has worked for me on multiple bikes giving me the same error msg.
Have you tried with the PCIII software still closed, hooking the USB cable up to the PCIII and laptop or computer with the bike running and then opening the software? Try this and see if it works or still give you the same USB msg.

If it doesn't work try another type of USB device on your Lap top or PC to make sure you don't have a hardware problem on your end.

Let us know how you get on,
Randy

·
Registered
299 Posts
Do you guys always start your quad up when installing or changing maps?? I never have and it always tells me the map was sent successfully. And to make sure I close it up, open it up again and it's always loaded. I think someone told me a long time ago that you don't start it up, maybe it was fuel moto I'm not sure.

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
It makes no difference either way it still loads the same, I just have had to do it the way I described on a few when the Computor was not comunicating with or recognizing the PCIII

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
"with the PCIII software still closed, hooking the USB cable up to the PCIII and laptop or computer with the bike running and then opening the software"
i tried this. i got rpm reading, and then i sent map.
was sending for 1min or so, then, the bike died and the msg came up. device not found, even though it was just sending to it...

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
onesandzeros said:
"with the PCIII software still closed, hooking the USB cable up to the PCIII and laptop or computer with the bike running and then opening the software"
i tried this. i got rpm reading, and then i sent map.
was sending for 1min or so, then, the bike died and the msg came up. device not found, even though it was just sending to it...
Wow, thats odd. Do you have another Computer to try it with? Have you tryed sending a different map just to see if the file you were sending was corrupt? If you try these things and still have the same problem then you may need to send your PCIII in to Dynojet and have them check it out and replace it if needed.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hey guys
i contacted dynojet about my pc3
they said to send it back to them.
i asked the guy what should i send back with it, and he said just send back the unit.

so i went to my bike
removed the battery
and i snipped the wires one at a time, from the top near the air filter is, cause i thought it would make it easier for me to connect it when i get it back.(and i didnt think it was important to trace wires to the end)
:confused:
and now after a week i sent and email askign them what is goign on with the unit and i get this email

"There’s nothing that we can do to help you with this unit. You have cut the wiring harness right off. The unit is being returned to you in its already damaged condition. Dynojet will not even consider warranty on this. Let me know if you have further questions."

man this sux
mean i have to buy a new programmer for no reason
:3question:

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
That's a tough break, but really you should have unplugged all the connectors and sent it back just the way it came. They have a tester and need to plug in the connectors to test the unit. If you cut the connectors off as you have now learned it voids the warranty. You really can't faut Dyno jet for that. Chalk that one up to an expensive lesson learned :(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts