Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there is a significant power increase with a 720 compared to my 686 Raptor? I have heard some stuff, but clarity would be good. Also, can a barker 4mil crank just fit in to the engine without modification, and if so will my 12:1 piston work with it?

Thanks for the help

Sincerely
Paragodd

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
IT will fit no prob.

·
Registered
99 Posts
if you want 720 kit (hotrods) , i will suggest you must change the air filters from box to open .and dont forget the cam from 2 to 3.
without that do not change your 686 .

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
paragodd said:
720 compared to my 686 Raptor?
i belive that 720 refers to hotrod's 4mm stroker kit when used with their special 102mm piston

719 refers to barker's 4mm stroker crank when used with any off the shelf 102mm piston. you can use your existing piston with the barker's crank. hotrods crank "Requires special big bore piston" the barker's costs more but you will save money since you can still use the piston you already paid for. barkers products also have a very good reputation and is what my motor has

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
THANKS FOR THE INFO GUYS. JOHN I THINK I WILL BE GOING WITH BARKERS. DO YOU KNOW WHAT KIND OF COST I AM LOOKING AT?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts