Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my raptor to Pismo this last weekend. This was the first time in the sand for it. I was wondering if needs to be tuned up? I was running 20x11x10 ITP SAND Stars on the rear and ITP Sand Stars on the front also. Everything is stock on the quad. I couldn't pull five gear at all... :( Is this normal?

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
If it's bone stock then yep it's normal, stock they won't pull 5th in the sand worth beans, at least mine didn't when it was bone stock (1 trip)
Put the 3 mods to her and you'll be grinning :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Randy for the post.... I'll be looking into the three mods also!! Your bike sounds awesome!! :grin_nod: What type of gas do you run?

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh, so the "Kenz built 105mm bore 6mil stroke Sand Slinger" is on order!! :thumbsup: The vp fuel is getting expensive!! I run 110 on my drag quad and it was 36 bucks for 5 gallons. :eek: It costs to go fast :grin_nod:

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
Yes it does, I'll be picking up the Sandslinger from Ken this Friday if everthing goes well on the dyno tomorrow :thumbsup: Then off to Dumont to do some riding and hill racing :grin_nod:

·
Registered
38 Posts
So you think you gonna make it this time Randy?? looks like a few heavy hitters are gonna show up this time, if you see me gimme a yell, i really need to look at some of Kenz work, my bike is easy to recognize now, the only all black Raptor 700 that i have seen (so far)

·
Registered
511 Posts
RaptorRandy27 said:
Yes it does, I'll be picking up the Sandslinger from Ken this Friday if everthing goes well on the dyno tomorrow :thumbsup: Then off to Dumont to do some riding and hill racing :grin_nod:
what set up are you running and ho did you do on the dyno?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts