Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kind of a Newb question, but what is your take on the so called "Power Tips" for the standard exhausts on a 700?
They claim (LOL) that they produce the same results as a performance pipe but I can't really see that, Sure you might take out one restriction in the pipe but what about all the others.
I am not looking for advice as I am not going to buy one, just thought they was kind of pointless and would like your input.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Removing the stock tip altogether does next to nothing other than make the exhaust sound like it's shot... I don't see how replacing it would be any better. The restriction is 3 fold: The header pipes are too small, the can has a baffle in it and the spark arrestor adds insult to injury.

So, they are mostly for looks... You won't gain significant power out of it.

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
If you want to waste some money ill send you my paypal account and you can put it in there with the same results :D

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts
Removing the stock tip altogether does next to nothing other than make the exhaust sound like it's shot... I don't see how replacing it would be any better. The restriction is 3 fold: The header pipes are too small, the can has a baffle in it and the spark arrestor adds insult to injury.

So, they are mostly for looks... You won't gain significant power out of it.
Removing the stock spark arrestor will net 3hp just by itself, and throttle response is much better.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Ummmpphh... pw... this is higher than what I keep hearing.. and having ran with no spark, a pro-design intake w/ K&N, no lid and controller for a while, I can tell you the difference was marginal... When I put the pipe on... wow... it really woke up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts