Raptor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hust wondering about how much HP does a 100% stock 350 get?, also with a smaller front sprocket & a 2 inch smaller tire (in diameter), how much would that add? thanks

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, that would make sense, but i still think the sprocket would help a little

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
I had a 12t and sold it to 06BlueRaptor. I didnt like it much, it makes it easy to wheelie, but the gears are very close, and you loose about 2-3mph over stock. I am going to order a 15t front and a 38t back when I start the build.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i would go bigger, but its pointless for me because all I ride is trails and my backyard track :/

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
A sprocket change, or different diameter tires doesn't change the amount of HP your engine puts out. A smaller toothed front sprocket may seem like the engine has more HP, but that is only because it is geared down for more acceleration/torque.

·
Registered
229 Posts
think of it as a mountain Bike. The smaller the gear the easier it is to petal but you get less top speed. Larger gears go faster but it takes longer to get there. There is no HP increase in adding. i am considering a smaller sprocket to increase my low end acceleration.

·
Master of the Electron
15,526 Posts
Changing sprocket or tire size does not change HP, it just changes torque at the rear wheels - smaller front sprocket or smaller rear tires increases torque (acceleration), reduces top speed... larger front sprocket, larger rear tires reduces torque, increases top speed.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I was hust wondering about how much HP does a 100% stock 350 get?, also with a smaller front sprocket & a 2 inch smaller tire (in diameter), how much would that add? thanks
18 to 20 hp...............depending on the dyno.............

·
Registered
80 Posts
Changing sprocket or tire size does not change HP, it just changes torque at the rear wheels - smaller front sprocket or smaller rear tires increases torque (acceleration), reduces top speed... larger front sprocket, larger rear tires reduces torque, increases top speed.
Larger rear tires increase top speed?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts