Raptor Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking for a little more power out of my bike, so far i just have the 15t and a slip-on. (dobeck also of course).

im wondering how the header worked for you guys? i know it bolts up to all slip-on's. how is the heat off it without any shield? any issues installing it?

also, does anyone have pictures of it on the bike? im interested to see how it looks installed without the shield.

did a search for pictures and came up empty. thanks

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Yep, I got one in conjunction with a TBR slip on. Unfortunately I dont know how much the header adds as I had it on the stock quad and then added the TBR, prodesign and PCIII. I should have added it last. On my stock machine I was noticing It was holding onto the power longer....but that was about it. Cant expect a whole lot from it when its not getting enough air and fuel threw the motor to make engine exhaust...then squeeze it out the corked up rear half of the exhaust.
There are others that run it though.....hopefully they can say how much diff it made, but I honestly cannot. Sorry.
I do have pics....here ya go........

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
and one more..........

I have not had any problem with heat.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sweet, thanks for the pics.

little too late though :) called my local dealer yesterday and got one for 150 OTD used for 5 minutes. guy didnt like the full fmf system, so i got the header seperated.

my bike is torn apart still for an arm swap, i wish i could go ride.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
tell me if you feel a diff with the header on there? :thumbsup:

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sure man, ive got some issues i need to fix first. bike has no front suspension on it right now, once its running ill let you know.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
cool :thumbsup:

·
Registered
172 Posts
i too am running the powerbomb header, except i am running it with the HMF slip-on. I noticed a little more power every where with the head pipe. The place where you "should" feel the most power is in the top-end. i also think it looks good in my opinion.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
good to hear that it did do something! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Yeap, its not a big difference but theres no dought about it ; it does make a difference.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Ryder, I see you have the dobeck. What settings are you running with your setup. I didnt think I was gonna find someone with the powerbomb and hmf combo. Looks like i hit the jackpot! You have the sport slip on?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
281pony said:
sweet, thanks for the pics.

little too late though :) called my local dealer yesterday and got one for 150 OTD used for 5 minutes. guy didnt like the full fmf system, so i got the header seperated.

my bike is torn apart still for an arm swap, i wish i could go ride.

You ever run it with the header?

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah ive ridden it quite abit with the header. performs alot better. smoother power all around.

threw some header wrap on it, legs are staying unburnt :thumbsup: im happy with it, now im just debating pro design k&n kit or uni kit.. then i should be done with my bikes performance.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
sweet...glad you hear you like it! I would get the prodesign with the k&N and outerwears if I were you.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Took my Raptor out last Sat. after I added my "3Mods", consisting of the FMF header and the BUB exhaust. I started out with 4,7,8,7 ran it for about 30 mins checked the plug and it was rich so I dropped to 4,7,7,9 and looked good from what I could tell. I am trying to figure out what is best for the last setting 7 or 9. I found a place near by that will dyno for $175 for 2hrs of dyno time, so I might try that to get her dialed in just right.

As far the seat of the pants difference between stock and my mods-AWESOME :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:. The dragstrip was wooped out and no one around that would have been any challange(buddies kfx 400's) so looking forward to getting the dyno done and then a trip to Winchester in Jan. to put it to the reall test and hopefully eat some fourfitty's :grin_nod:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.