Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok the directions say to find the pulsing wire coming out of the stator, i put a fire teste on all teh wires coming out of teh stator and the 3 fat white wires all light up the buld, what gives? Anyone installed a Pro Design that can help?

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
Sorry, I just bypassed one wire in my kill switch and it works great. 06 700R

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
Not really but I just opened up the kill on the bars, followed the wires down under the front plastics and tapped into one of them there. The tether switch has to be normally closed so when you pull the tether, it opens (kills) the circuit. EFI's opperate different than older bikes, the older kill switches won't work that way.

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
I just ran 1 wire from the existing kill switch thru the tether. Don't remember which color tho.

You can start the bike with the existing kill switch exposed, pull 1 wire at a time off the switch to break the connecion and see which one shuts the bike off. Use that wire to run thru the tether. Just make sure your tether has continuity thru it when the clip is in and no continuity when you pull the clip. Make sense?

·
Registered
648 Posts
If im not mistaken, you can wire one of the thether wires to one of the kill switch wires, and the other tether wire to the other kill switch wire (it wouldnt matter which one) because this is basically creating another "switch" which is in series to the original kill switch. So if either the switch is turned off, or the thether pulled it will kill the bike.

I hope I'm not way off, b/c I havent done this yet..but plan to wire it this way as soon as mine is delivered

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
I just inturuppted 1 wire with the tether and it works fine. Just play with it and I'm sure you'll figure it out. :thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.