Raptor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

1st post Newby. Picking up a Raptor SE tomorrow and was wondering if there is anything, other than a bigger set of balls, that would be worth getting from the outset for the new toy?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Congrats on the new toy!
Yes, riding gear. Don't skimp on it!!

DJ

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
take some fresh shorts with you, you may $hit yourself, the 700 is awesome

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Raptor forums will cost you money.. its slowly eating away at my bank account as i read posts and find stuff to upgrade! Its all good tho!

·
Registered
134 Posts
I just got mine the week before Thanksgiving and the firsts for me was full skids and a bumper. I guess it really depends on your riding locations. I do trails in Ocotillo Wells in Ca., so those were the biggies for me. I just ordered some new levers (brake and clutch) and I also got a couple ngk sparkplugs with the order. Next week, a six pack grab bar. I should be set for OW on New Years! Have fun and grats on the bike!

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Wicked269 said:
Congrats on the new toy!
Yes, riding gear. Don't skimp on it!!

DJ
+1

After you protect yourself, buy some skids and protect your investment.. :confused:

·
Registered
429 Posts
Congrats!! You'll love the SE, it has descent power and handling. I would recomend riding it a few times thru break-in to find out what you like and don't like before you run off and spend your dough. Between the power mods and suspensions that are availiable for the 700, you can turn it into a pretty wild machine! But do not forget the riding gear, that would be my first purchase if you don't already have it, the stock machine will bugger you up just as fast as a modded unit.
Have Fun with it!

·
Registered
767 Posts
I agree protection before performance. If you ride in any rocky terrain skids are a must.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts