Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Unit -
I have to say, the hardware is very precisely machined, and very impressive just holding it in your hand. Even my wife, who couldn't care much less about my quad hobby commented on how well made it was.

Installation -
I installed my Precision Stabilizer just before my desert race, and was extremeply happy. It was easy to put on, but the photos on the directions could have been larger and a little more descriptive.

First Ride -
On Saturday, I did a single 28 mile lap poker run with it on, and wow, it was a dream. Before my run, I set the dials to "Rough Desert Race" settings as described in the installation guide, and wow, what an amazing difference. It soaked up so much of the bumps and jolts, i couldn't believe it.

At mile 4, I realized one of my rear tires was going down because I tagged a jagged fence post with my side wall, and I was still able to ride the remaining 24 miles without much stress. My Raptor was so much more managable at speed, and I was way less tired after the 28 mile lap than I was after running an abreviated 16 mile section of course a week before, even with a FLAT tire!

Race Day -
I don't think I tightened the connector to the steering stem ennough because in the first mile of the race, I realized the stabilizer was out of alignment (pointed a little to the left), which made it hard to keep straight any time I got the front end up over bumps or whoops. Despite this struggle, I was amazed at the obstacles I was able to hit, and not get nudged at speed. WOW, what a differnce!

Like I said, I think this issue was my fault, but I'm super happy with this hardware. I know $475 is a lot to spend, but I highly recommend the Precision Stabilizer. its extremely adjustable, and makes a huge difference. if you're grumbling about the price, fine, don't get it, but I'll be running hard long after your arm pump prevents you from thumbing the throttle!

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Good to hear man. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
119 Posts
It's absolutely top for roadperformance either, the only stabilizer you can adjust in the mid-section, i LOVE it :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
If interested there is a group buy going for this product right now. We only need 2 more people to get the discount. Pm me if you want $$$ price and if you are in

·
Registered
262 Posts
I was looking at the gibson on ebay. I would rather have better one if the price is right. PM sent.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts