Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been happy with my New Precision Stabilizer for about a month. I replaced my steering stem to a Houser stem and a set of Fasst bars and it worked great for a couple of hours yesterday. Then towards the end of the day it started to feel harder to turn, like the stabilizer was overpowering and harder to turn the quad each way. I don't think it would have come out of adjustment with normal dune riding?? Has anyone experienced this? :help:

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
I haven't experienced anything bad with it yet. Check to see it all the linkage is attatched properly, and nothing is worn. If not take it off and re-install it. Then if no dice then call and see if they will take it back to precision and fix it. Good luck with it.

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am head'd out to the shop now to check the settings, and see if anything looks loose or obvious. I set them originally to the spec sheet suggestions for "dune" riding. I'll post what I find out in a while.

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, Ok, here's the update,,,I dug out the spec sheet and backed the adjusters down to the closed position and they were exactly the way I had them set, (6-8). I looked the sheet over and decided maybe it is set to stiff?? so I changed it to 7-9 thinking maybe it will be easier turning without as much resistance. The only other thing that could be interfering with how smoothly the bars turn is the rubber O rings surrounding the stem up higher where the clamp holds the stem to the bike. These O rings were tough to get back installed correctly in the groves. If these slipped out or wern't installed right it could bind and cause this problem. IMO those O rings are a poor design. I hope I am making sense,,,,,

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I haven't cut a hole in the Dr.D fender plug yet. I have taken a few nights off of working on it. Last week I was out in the garage everynight hack'n, and kinda got burned out. The ignition is on the top of my list though. I will post the picture as soon as I get it done, probably thurs, or Fri night. :thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.