Raptor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning to purchase a steering stabalizer for my raptor. I heard about precision steering stabalizer just want to know if anyone has it on there quad.hows the outcome ? and is it worth the money?

·
Registered
55 Posts
:wow: yes its worth it, it saved my ass lots of times.

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
You are going to get mixed answers on this.....If you are a racer, and I don't mean the occaisonal race once in a while on the weekend thing, or if you have money to burn then yes. For me and what I was looking for I decided it was not....don't get me wrong, I have no doubt that is performs better in all aspects but the CCP that I have performs well at less than half the cost, so it is really is it worth it to you.

·
Registered
482 Posts
You are going to get mixed answers on this.....If you are a racer, and I don't mean the occaisonal race once in a while on the weekend thing, or if you have money to burn then yes. For me and what I was looking for I decided it was not....don't get me wrong, I have no doubt that is performs better in all aspects but the CCP that I have performs well at less than half the cost, so it is really is it worth it to you.
I have to agree as well, I Use the CPP and it is superb, Took away all the arm pump and shoulder fatigue from day long rides...

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Precision Steering Stabalizer is on the higher end but has better features with the strait and side adjusters. If you got the money it's worth it but you are goning to get mixed reviews. The one there running my not be best for you so go with what you like. Looking at the ccp I didn't seamed to impressed, I'm not sure what it was but I'm holding off for a precision or a GPR with the handlebar mount adjuster.

·
The All American
401 Posts
Also keep an eye out for one in the classifieds section, I picked my precision up there for around 250.

·
Registered
390 Posts
If you can afford the Precision I would recommend that over the CCP. I have the CCP and it uses a bolt that screws down and rubbs a disc to create drag on the steering. So the more dampning effect you may need it also makes the steering more stiff and it doesn't really absorb the shock of hitting something with the front tire where the bars are ripped out of your hands. Maybe I was expectiing to much out of the CCP but for me it's not what I wanted in performance.

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
I had the CCP, it seemed to work, but I ended up moving it to the wife's bike, and picked up a precision. I will comment more on it once I get to ride this year, waiting on the swampy trails to dry up a bit around here.

·
Registered
240 Posts
If you have the $$ get a quality puck style steering damper.. Precision puts out quality products, I love my Shock & Vibe clamp. Haven't had a chance to ride my quad with the Stabilizer yet but I've ridden others and the difference is like night & day..

·
Registered
941 Posts
I used to have a stick type stabilizer. And I rode a friends with the CCP. The lower end stabilizers put a resistance on your steering.It gets tiring trail riding steering against the stabilizer. I put on a precision and thought it was not working because the resistance was gone. But once you hit something with your front it stops it quick without even noticing.

With the adjustments on the precision you can dial your quad in perfectly.

http://www.precision-rp.com/settings.pdf

1 - 11 of 11 Posts