Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
From what I've seen they do as advertised.
I just ordered one.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Great upgrade for sure. I have one on my yfzR and love it!

Last weekend at a track I was going around a berm and my front right wheel went into a deep rut. It was super hard clay, almost like cement. I'm pretty sure the Precision saved me from getting hurt or rolling the quad. My rim was dented pretty bad, but I pounded it back! :D

·
Registered
56 Posts
Before purchasing percision steering stabilizer check out ccp steering stabilizers. works just as good and is half the price. don't get me wrong if you have that kind of money to buy a percision go for it . steering stabilizers is one of the best investments you can ever purchase for your quad.

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
I have a precision and love it, I also have a ccp that i run on the bike prior to the precision, and it was a nice piece too, however I moved it to the wifes bike, when I got the precision.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I have the CCP and well I'm not happy with it. Sure its cheaper than the precision but it does not work at all like the precision. All the CCP does is put drag on your steering it does not absorb any shock it will dampen the small stuff at the price of easy steering. All I noticed it did for me was make my high speed control smoother. Like the saying goes "you get what you pay for" and it applies here. If you want something to prevent or greatly lessen the bars from getting ripped out of your hands or your wrist and thumb getting jammed when you catch a rock or root on the front tire do not go with CCP.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I agree with Homestead. I have the Precision and love it. Got in on a group buy here on this website. Maybe they have another going on. Saved me almost 100 bucks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have one on both my wifes 700 and on my yfz450R. More than once it has saved my R. thumb and wrists. I wouldn't ride without one now.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
I love my precision. Worthit if you have the dough, if not you could always try to find one used. Thats what I did.....

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
any one got one of these was looking at feedback on the product any pro . cons .:eek:

Cons : Price

Pros:
Reliable / Durable
Works As Advertised
High Resale Value
Nothing else compares even CCP

*I finally got a chance to try both products on the same atv back to back. The CCP stabilizer fades a lot quick when riding hard decreasing the amount of absorption it can handle which increases negative feedback to your upper body causing fatigue. Honestly, I prefer pushing less value items when the difference between two products are comparable, but in this case spending more is reasonable. *

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Nice to see a back to back comparison of both stabilizers, Ken.

·
Premium Member
3,478 Posts
I completely disagree. I've had both a CCP and a Precision and the CCP worked great when it was set to whatever I was comfortable with. I never noticed any fading and I don't ride a yfz450 like some people :lol:

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I completely disagree. I've had both a CCP and a Precision and the CCP worked great when it was set to whatever I was comfortable with. I never noticed any fading and I don't ride a yfz450 like some people :lol:
It's probably because you don't run it hard enough like yfz guys do :thumbsup:

haha

·
Premium Member
3,478 Posts
That's because we don't have to rev to 10k just to get moving hahaha

I have a yfz also btw, so I can say that :lol:

I will say that the Precision is very nice looking piece and seems well made...I only got mine cause I found it used for half of retail price

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
haha!

I'm not going to lie, I sure to miss my 700R at times.... Not while at the track though :D

Anybody have any experience with the "new" CCP's that came out? They are suppose to have side and center adjustments like the Precision.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Ummmm that is what I also asked Ford! very curious myself.

·
Premium Member
3,478 Posts
I may get one for my YFZ eventually...if I do I'll do a comparison with the Precision (on the same quad). I have not really messed with my precision enough honestly but I have like 2 rides on it and it's set too soft right now...doesn't seem to take the hits from ruts and roots as well as my dialed in CCP

1 - 20 of 20 Posts