Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to joining, I have a question to all the Raptor 90 owners with upgraded exhaust. Go with the Big Gun Evo, HMF or the FMF Powercore? Leaning towards the HMF but looking for a little feedback. If there is others out there you know of let me know.

+ another here dealing with the carburetor issues, so aggravating!!!!!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi... we have all been there with the carb issues. Follow the steps in the link at the top of the page, and most of your issues will go away. Also another person posted on here a mod to the air box that it a great idea.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Really like the Big Gun. Good quality and sounds great. The carb issues are not bad to resolve if you do a little reading and take your time. I have posted how I went about getting the jets enlarged. Good Luck and have fun

·
Registered
60 Posts
I just ordered a big gun exhaust, kehin carb, air filter and jet kit, hope it all works good!!

Already have wheel spacers, rear shock is off a apex quad ( waaay better handling imo ) took the restricter off the back of the air box, put gt thunder race handle bars on it, bought rox risers for the bars. I tried two of the Procomm boxes, both were junk! Son loves it, he races MX with it and i offered him to get a drr or apex and wanted to stick with the raptor, lhe oves it. He has gotten 4 second places and a third in the 5 races he has entered.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Where did you get the wheel spacers? I've been looking into them and I found them at dunegear.com. Just wondering if you found them somewhere else. Also, where did you order the carb from? Is it a package that comes with everything needed?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
raptor 90 mods

So far I've taken the carb off cleaned it out, unfortunately I've only went to a 35 mm pilot instead of a 37 mm, if the carb issue comes back 37 mm it is. Finding the bowl drain screw at the bottom of the carb has helped tremendously to keep the carb clean. Went with the Big Gun Mini exhaust and it sounds great. Waiting still for the Twin Air air filters, don't think going to be here in time for the race this weekend. Went ahead and removed the restrictive plastic on the back of the air box and did the air box mod posted on here with the mini UNI air box filters. purchased a set of 20x7-8 Duro thrashers for the front and the bike looks and sounds great. Don't forget to turn out your throttle/air mixture screw as I found out mine was threaded all the way in. Also have a Alba (Procom) CDI on it as well. Going to look at GT Thunder to continue the modifications.

·
Registered
60 Posts
So far I've taken the carb off cleaned it out, unfortunately I've only went to a 35 mm pilot instead of a 37 mm, if the carb issue comes back 37 mm it is. Finding the bowl drain screw at the bottom of the carb has helped tremendously to keep the carb clean. Went with the Big Gun Mini exhaust and it sounds great. Waiting still for the Twin Air air filters, don't think going to be here in time for the race this weekend. Went ahead and removed the restrictive plastic on the back of the air box and did the air box mod posted on here with the mini UNI air box filters. purchased a set of 20x7-8 Duro thrashers for the front and the bike looks and sounds great. Don't forget to turn out your throttle/air mixture screw as I found out mine was threaded all the way in. Also have a Alba (Procom) CDI on it as well. Going to look at GT Thunder to continue the modifications.
Let us know how the box works please...I had two Procoms and both didnt work rite so i sent them back. Hoping they improved them, or i got a bad batch?

·
Registered
60 Posts
We got the big gun exhaust and rest of the mods done, sounds great! Carb took alot of messing with to get it set up, so far its working good, but only been on a week, and only ridden it 3 times. So far its seems to work well, my son pulled the holeshots at his race fri night and won both motos

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.