Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have strip my quad down to just frame cable and wireing and suspesion basicly the engine/carb/etc.. oil tank and lines are all off. Tomorrow I plan to disconnect and remove most of the wireing and harnesses and then i be down to just frame/suspension/brake lines/cables.

My question is What should I stay away from with the high pressure washer? Just a standered black and decor plug in car pressure washer. I want to make sure I dont spray areas I should`nt with a pressure washer. Could someone please break it down for me what not to spray with pressure?

·
Super Moderator
17,063 Posts
Stay away from the intake, exhaust, carbs, filters, sparkplug, coil, the whole battery/cdi/relay area, any grease seals, etc.

Edit: Sorry I read the first sentance wrong and thought that it was all still in there.

·
Registered
240 Posts
there is no motor in it :eek:

So there is no aera to worry about, spray the shit out of every nook and cranny you can get to. After that spray it down with WD-40 then wipe it dry to get rid of any leftover water and WD-40. The last step is to lube and grease all the components that need it, which is anything that moves.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do I want to stay away from blasting in grease fiting areas and by seals like aarm /swingarm?
How about hand controles and by the rear break resivoir and brake lines?
should I worrie about water geting into a arm seals/swingarm break lines/resivoir hand controles wheel bearings and axel? Should I be ok blasting the wireing as long as cdi box/rectafier/relays and electrical componets are removed? Or should I remove all wireing? God I ask to many questions :)

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I'd start with a low pressure if thats an option. I wouldn't use any high pressure on the wiring. Watch the bearing at the base of the stearing stem. Use a little care around the carrier.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.