Raptor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi guys, im gonna be selling my 2010 raptor 250 in the near future b4 my bday.(march) im selling it to buy a vehicle, friend decided to sell his 1995 5.0 mustang(supercharged, 5spd dyno'd at 465hp)for around $3000 so if i sell the quad ill have more than enough money.

Anyway what should i do to prepare to quad to get the absolute most money for it?

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Clean it real good and make sure there are no weird noises. And cover the plastics and what not with Armor All to make them look better than actually they do haha. Make sure the airfilter and everything is clean and the chain is clean and lubed too.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes i plan on doin that stuff when we get a warm day, i cleaned the filter and only rode it once after so its clan, it has a new plug, pretty much just needs cleaned. ill probably warm it up real good right before a buyer shows up.

how much should i ask? i was gonna say like $2800?

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Yeah I would just start out about $1,500-$2,000 less than MSRP which I think is $4,199 or $4,499 and then take the best offer you get. I wouldn't take less than $2,500 for it.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MSRP is $4,499. im gonna start at $3000, theres always idiots that think theyre getting the deal of the century.lol my friends 2005 raptor 350 is the next thing to totaled and he still thinks he'll get $3500 for it. i was embarassed for him.lol

·
Registered
836 Posts
I would ask $3,000 for yours and not take any less than $2,500 like Ryan said. Just make sure everything is clean, and that you have all the papers and whatever spare parts you have for it.

Sure was nice having you on this forum Mr. Wible. Hopefully you will be back one day with some beast of a Raptor, that won't be completely stock (performance wise)...

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea that too, thanks everybody for all your great help!!! Im not completly leaving this forum id still like to give my 2cents on things, once i get a job, money, property, then ill be goin for another quad.(either a yfz450 or a 700 raptor.) so ill be eager to learn more about whatever quad i get so this is my first pick of course. GREAT FORUM GUYS! i learned so much

btw i was at the Sportsmans Show yesterday in Harrisburg with the FFA and was introduced to the 2011 raptor 700se, 2011 yfz450x se, 2011 raptor 250r, and the new 2011 raptor 125.

the 700 is not a physically big atv(besides powerwise) not that wide either, the 450x felt & looked wider actually. both 700 & 450 felt amazing. 250r is just as we thought, exactly the same besides shocks.lol i didnt sit on the 125 cuz it had girls graphics on it and that is embarassing.

anymore things u guys wanna know?

·
Registered
836 Posts
I think my next quad is going to be the YFZ.. Not sure whether I should go with the 450R or the 450X though..

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
let me just say, 450x is as wide as ur ever gonna need unless ur mx racing. they feel wide! ive sat on both, friend has the "x" and he just rides on roads, fields, trails, woods, whatever is open to him, he swears by it!

the "r" is only 2.7" wider than the "x"

Also important note! the 700 raptor is the same width as the yfz450x at 46.1" wide, and yes i said X

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Damn, our school is taking a field trip to that show tomorrow for the Evironmental and shooting clubs, but I can't go because I'm not in either. Now I want to go because they have qauds there lol

·
Registered
836 Posts
Damn, our school is taking a field trip to that show tomorrow for the Evironmental and shooting clubs, but I can't go because I'm not in either. Now I want to go because they have qauds there lol
Environmental club going to a show where they have carbon emitting, air polluting, noisy, earth destroying atvs? What kind of environmental club is this? Obviously it's not like the one that is in my school where everyone drives a damn prius...

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
quads, boats, guns, RTVS, snowmobiles, everything basically but dirt bikes. They had a Ford Raptor there, we sat in it for like an hour.lol beastly truck!!!

are u guys familiar with Lee & Tiffany from the Outdoor Channel? i met them, we were 1st in line for autographs. SHE IS HOT

·
Registered
836 Posts
let me just say, 450x is as wide as ur ever gonna need unless ur mx racing. they feel wide! ive sat on both, friend has the "x" and he just rides on roads, fields, trails, woods, whatever is open to him, he swears by it!

the "r" is only 2.7" wider than the "x"

Also important note! the 700 raptor is the same width as the yfz450x at 46.1" wide, and yes i said X
If the "X" and the "R" are only 3" different in width, why not just get the "R"? They are both the same price, why not go for the little bit wider, more stable "R"? I'm sure that 3 inches isn't going to make a difference in the trails. It's like having 1.5" wheel spacers on each side...

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Still if ur comin from a 250 then the x will feel more than wide enough, 3inches thinner sure wouldn't hurt, I ride on some trails 2miles back in the woods on the side of a state owned mountain(almost up to a cell phone tower!) that my 250 barely fits through, idk if this relates to any gncc tracks, I doubt it.

Sorry we get off topic way too easy.lol

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i am realizing i have alot of friends with beasty cars for sale...just found my other friend is seelin his 83 5.0 4spd too, if i can its still the 95 supercharged one by far

1 - 16 of 16 Posts