·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
UPDATED PICS!

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
How do you like the Stadium shocks so far? I couldn't run with that gas tank up front I'd break it off climbing a hill by the looks of it.(Great idea though) I love your new headlights compared to the one you had on the handlebars! I bet your covered in mud after the day is over. ;)

UPDATED PICS!

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
How do you like the Stadium shocks so far? I couldn't run with that gas tank up front I'd break it off climbing a hill by the looks of it.(Great idea though) I love your new headlights compared to the one you had on the handlebars! I bet your covered in mud after the day is over. ;)
The Stadium shocks are awesome. Then again I can't say I've ridden other shocks on a Raptor other than the stockers. I can't remember the full story on them but I know they've been put together from parts.. I think the springs are Elka and the rest is a mix of Elka and Stadium parts. They've been rebuilt and revalved at the Stadium factory here in Quebec. They are equivalent to Stage 2 shocks, they don't have the rebound adjustment but they do have high and low compression adjustment. Anyway, whatever they are, they run smooth and have soaked up all my 285 pounds could throw at them so far, I really like them.

As far as the gas tank goes, I don't have it there always, only on the long rides. The trails where I ride this thing are smooth enough for a car to go through 95% of it, so it's not a concern for what I do :)

The headlight on the handlebars was a temporary fix! The new ones are of course much better hehe! They are a little too much for my battery though, which sucks.. I might need to look at another solution along the line. 55W x2 halogen is too much for the Raptor to handle... I thought the stockers were that, but I guess they must be 35W?

And the fenders aren't much of an issue... I try and avoid mud as much as possible so it's rarely an issue... When I do hit mud it's pretty darn ugly :|

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Yeah stock is 35W I am also running 55W and two of them plus my radiator fan is hot wired some times with no probs :confused:
I dunno... All I know is that I thought my battery was going dead on me last year and then one of my lights stopped working and then the troubles went away. I just fixed the burnt light this week but I haven't ridden since.

BTW for those who have the halogen lights from Trailtech.. instead of buying them for 8$ a pop from Trailtech, you can get them from any hardware store for 6$ a pair around here. The only problem is that the ones they sell are male and the connector in the Trailtech kit is made for a female connector. I just soldiered them on :)

I'll report back after this weekend's ride to see if my battery problem is a mystery, or if it was indeed the lights.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
The Stadium shocks are awesome. Then again I can't say I've ridden other shocks on a Raptor other than the stockers. I can't remember the full story on them but I know they've been put together from parts.. I think the springs are Elka and the rest is a mix of Elka and Stadium parts. They've been rebuilt and revalved at the Stadium factory here in Quebec. They are equivalent to Stage 2 shocks, they don't have the rebound adjustment but they do have high and low compression adjustment. Anyway, whatever they are, they run smooth and have soaked up all my 285 pounds could throw at them so far, I really like them.
Talked to the guy that sold 'em to me just now.. Guess I had the story all wrong haha. They do have rebound adjustment, I was looking for a screw like I had on the stockers but the Stadiums use a big dial... Totally missed it until he told me on the phone.

As for the Elka/Stadium mix, apparently I had it all wrong as well. It's a 100% Stadium but were originally made for a Suzuki 450 and have been adapted for the Raptor. They are 3/4" shorter than the stockers.

So with all that in mind, they'd be at least Stage 3... I have rebound, high/low speed compression and pre-load to play with, just like the stockers, but man, they are so much more comfortable, it's night and day.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Nice Unique Quad!
Ty sir, it's crazy how the Raptor is just perfect for what I do. I don't see myself owning another bike.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Thanks!

I do a bit of everything. We have a groomed trail system here in Quebec and we go on these for short trips (it's a 20 minute trailer ride instead of 2.5 hours). These trails are maintained by clubs and all so they are pretty smooth, mostly hardpack with a bit of very light mud on occasion.

What I like most are the forest roads further up north. These are service roads for loggers mostly but they are maintained and grated on a regular basis so they are pretty much smooth gravel or dirt roads with lots of turns. Best way to describe the ridding we do there is that it's pretty much like what you'll see with rally cars. Lots of fun :)
Your trails sound great. "smooth dirt roads with lots of turns". Sounds like my favorite riding, high speed roosting, Whoo hoo! The quad looks good too! Nice job. :D

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Your trails sound great. "smooth dirt roads with lots of turns". Sounds like my favorite riding, high speed roosting, Whoo hoo! The quad looks good too! Nice job. :D
Last weekend's ride:

This is rougher than what we usually do... our video guy only filmed the bad part hehe

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I like that town you rode into, there were quads everywhere. :)
Yeah it's pretty much a central hub for all the trails in that area... Thousands of miles of trails available from there... There are some crazy parties going on in that town during weekends, hehe :)

BTW it's not me filming, it's a friend who just bought his first Raptor. I'm the fat guy with no fenders but I don't how up very often in the vid :p

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Here's another one.. I'm not in this one though, two of my best ridding buddies at a local trail we go to for short rides. Much tigher trail than what we get up north.

and another from up north in our favorite trail

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Updated!

Installed the following this week:

- G-force axle
- Mod Quad +2 Tie Rods
- Moose Parking brake block-off plate
- 11.5 tech piston
- Brought the DiamondJ kit down to 4.5" (from 6")

Also updated the following mods I did a while back:

- Custom front "bumper" support for Kolpin gas tank
- Beadlock fronts
- PRM rear skid

Not done working on it though, haven't fired up the engine yet :)

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Bike went on the dyno for the first time today. Turns out my fuel settings were spot on, he didn't even have to touch anything. The HP adds up to 59 which is pretty much what I expected. The Dynatek was disconnected at the time and my Barkers had the quietcores on.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts